Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, I DO NOT,

BUT you would not believe how many dudes I have seen do this.

Anyone else seen this ?

·
Banned
383 Posts
no, no, hell no. read the side of the quart. it specifically says not to. and this is definatly a two step process. or three if you want to use a cleaner, a primer, then glue.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
This is worse than politics:no:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Nice concept, but not going to work. Heck save some money on primer, why not just add a mix of food color to get the purple color to the clear pvc glue, and just say you primed it 1st. it will give you a nice clean look. :laughing:

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice concept, but not going to work. Heck save some money on primer, why not just add a mix of food color to get the purple color to the clear pvc glue, and just say you primed it 1st. it will give you a nice clean look. :laughing:
Well if they made more then just one color primer (purple) then just think how creative we could be :)

Ar tist plumber s

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
I tell you what I have done in the past before pp was required. If I had a can of glue that got kind of gloopy and gloppy but still had a lot of glue in it, I would add just a little bit of clear cleaner into the glue can, shake it up real good, and voila, a new can of glue. I should add that I've only ever done this with heavy duty glue. If you tried it with medium body glue it might thin it down too far. I know someone will rail on me for this but I'm a big boy and can take it and if 2 ounces of cleaner can save a quart of glue without diminishing the power of the glue then I'm going to do it. I would not however mix cleaner or pp and glue just to short cut the process.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
No, but i do like to mix fertilizers with diesels. Its fun to blow stuff up sometimes, you can do that kind of stuff when you live in the county here.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
ummmmmm. no pvc here. can i pre mix lead and oakum?

Muck, I just noticed you are from worchestor, I have a buddy over there, Ricky Black, new construction plumber.........you have that same accent??? Park my caaaar in havar yarrrd ?

So there is no thread drift, I never mix my primer and glue, didn't even know that would work, if it comes in seperate cans, maybe it should go on seperatly??? I hate PVC anyways.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
yeah, i did see that. pvc or abs huh? i guess if it's just snake oil and doesn't work anyways, why not use it on everything?

have any of you guys seen the copper "glue" at some hardware stores? it just looks like 1 part epoxy. at least they made it copper colored.:thumbsup:

paul

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah, i did see that. pvc or abs huh? i guess if it's just snake oil and doesn't work anyways, why not use it on everything?

have any of you guys seen the copper "glue" at some hardware stores? it just looks like 1 part epoxy. at least they made it copper colored.:thumbsup:

paul
I saw that copper crap in a supply house :yes:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Did you know that copper epoxy is code approved here, not that I would ever use it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts