Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello guys, I'm from Oakville. I'm looking for some advice. Is it necessary to request a plumbing service to repair a broken pipeline? I have a broken pipe at my house and I'm thinking about whether to contact a plumber or should I try some DIY tips. What do you guys think? Do you guys know any good plumbing services in Oakville, in case I need to contact any plumbers? While searching for some DIY tips to repair my broken pipe I happen to read about this emergency plumbing in the Oakville area **. Do you know them? Please share if you have any other better suggestions and any DIY tips to repair the broken pipe. Thank you.

·
4th year apprentice
618 Posts
You can try pouring radiator sealant down all your drains. That sometimes works. Shut off the water supply to the toilets first, then flush, then pour in the sealant in every toilet, sink and bath drain, as quickly as possible after each other, or preferably multiple people doing it all at once.

·
Super Moderator
9,237 Posts
Hello guys, I'm from Oakville. I'm looking for some advice. Is it necessary to request a plumbing service to repair a broken pipeline? I have a broken pipe at my house and I'm thinking about whether to contact a plumber or should I try some DIY tips. What do you guys think? Do you guys know any good plumbing services in Oakville, in case I need to contact any plumbers? While searching for some DIY tips to repair my broken pipe I happen to read about this emergency plumbing in the Oakville area **. Do you know them? Please share if you have any other better suggestions and any DIY tips to repair the broken pipe. Thank you.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
I have to be nice to everyone so spammers are welcome too, we'll just politely ask them to post an intro.

@pennyleo please post an intro and then you can post all the links you want.
Just remember, y'all let the motherland whither and die. There used to be our own special, private place where everyone was screened for legitimacy.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I have to be nice to everyone so spammers are welcome too, we'll just politely ask them to post an intro.

@pennyleo please post an intro and then you can post all the links you want.
Admin is not bright enough to understand they need to let members have fun and enjoy our time here. If they’d rather have one hit wonders post and disappear without us talking smack we might get disinterested and bail. Then they’d have nothing without members. Kind of funny how people try and appease the cancel culture population.

·
Super Moderator
9,022 Posts
Admin is not bright enough to understand they need to let members have fun and enjoy our time here. If they’d rather have one hit wonders post and disappear without us talking smack we might get disinterested and bail. Then they’d have nothing without members. Kind of funny how people try and appease the cancel culture population.
With the last reprimand I'm seriously disenchanted with the place. I had cool stories but F-it. Another thing I can't even say one of my real story this week, no BS, no spinning of the story, just the truth of what I have to deal with. I would post it and I would be shut down.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
This isn't about the general admins. Someone is making money from ads based on clicks. If Joe Blo wants free plumbing help from legitimate plumbers he will see this site and click. If he sees snarky remarks he may leave. If he does not see our "distasteful remarks" he might keep clicking and bring in more ad revenue for the site owner(s).

But please, don't let this logical train of thought stop you from whining. "Cancel Culture" is not a new idea or any more prevalent than it was when you were a young lad. It's just a new term for the same BS that has always happened.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
He’s talking about PHAC-ME forum
He knows. When I first joined here it was still up and tango was posting here. He didn't know about it at the time and didn't realize it had been an option for him. It closed a couple months after tango got on here.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
This isn't about the general admins. Someone is making money from ads based on clicks. If Joe Blo wants free plumbing help from legitimate plumbers he will see this site and click. If he sees snarky remarks he may leave. If he does not see our "distasteful remarks" he might keep clicking and bring in more ad revenue for the site owner(s).

But please, don't let this logical train of thought stop you from whining. "Cancel Culture" is not a new idea or any more prevalent than it was when you were a young lad. It's just a new term for the same BS that has always happened.
Not whining, sounds like @Tango might eject because of the restrictions. Most people don’t want to be restricted to what we want to post to appeal to the minority instead of the majority. I understand the site wants to make money with clicks but they’ll have nothing if members bail and there’s no one posting. Some companies don’t see the big picture

1 - 15 of 15 Posts