·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reads

Discount Plumber

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-06-21, 10:16AM PDT

Plumbing companies charging to much? I bid jobs at half the price, and i get all parts,materials, and fixtures at wholesale cost. Small service jobs or new homes please feel free to email me. I have immediate openings. Thank you

So I send a replay asking for there JP# to look them up, I got no reply, Ad still there as of today, maybe I'll send I new message telling them I'm reporting them to the CCB and see if there remove there ad.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Who will do me a favor, since this joker knows my e-mail addy, will someone send a message to this person, act like you want some work done, like install and hook up a Kitchen Sink, see if you can get a phone# or name anything so I can nail the guy. Once I know who he is, and he not leget I'll force him to pull his ad or face getting reported. Don't everyone send a e-mail, just need one person, chime in if you want to do this for me.

You don't need to let them know who you are where you live, no important info, just try to get a response. Thanks

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You :)

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
Sent. I await his reply.

Hey, do you think it was a mistake to use my business email address?

KIDDING! I may be stupid but I ain't THAT stupid.

Will let you know when i hear something.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dam you blew my cover :laughing:

Cool In Oregon when one places a ad there suppose to also list there CCB#

Doing plumbing at half price, this guy is a joke, he actually has two ads there, both say the same thing, so what ever happens try what ever it takes to get a name and phone#, P# would be good, I can do a reverse look-up on it if not a cell, name would put the icing on the cake. I just want the ad removed, I really don't want to make the report unless it comes down to it. Thanks

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
Craigslist actually works for me and I'd say the majority of my customers are upper to middle class. I saw an ad for someone doing draincleaning for 49.99 and it upset me. In my ads are a little tip section, don't put lemon peels in garbage disposal, etc. After seeing that ad I changed my tip section to say that I'm not a 49.99 drain cleaner and I charge good money for the good work I do and if you expect cheap plumbing you need to go elsewhere. I ended up getting more calls off that ad than any other I've done. I think guys like that will help me out in the end when I get called to fix there problem.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm just trying to find out if he is legit, if he is fine, if not I'll take him down.

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
Go for it. I hope you didn't think I was trying to defend him. Just him saying he'll work at half off is crazy.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No not at all, if it sounded that way, it was don't meant that way.

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
This is what I have to deal with, a fellow craigslister-

I have been installing hot water heaters for the past 8 years. You purchase the water heater, I will pick it up at the store, install at your home and haul away the old water heater. I charge $150 for all of the above (less than what you will pay at one of the stores). Bonded and Insured. I offer a very quick turn around time!!! Contact Gary with Gary's Plumbing at 757-513-1565.

He says he's unlicensed but I really don't care about him. He's killing himself for scrap money and I don't know how he's bonded and insured with a license. He just works for the cheap people, I prefer to work for those who'll value my work.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At least he posted his phone #

$150 and he makes maybe $10 after gas, wow thats almost working at a loss everytime.

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
Ben, I have no idea whatsoever how you get such good luck with CL...it's gotta be your area bro.
I got nothing off that ad I posted last month...I s'pose my statement "If your looking for cheap, I may not be the right guy" didn't help much.

I'm curious, maybe I'll try the exact opposite approach and state I work for $15 an hour...I wonder what kinda response I'd get then?

Speaking of cheap, off to look at a bath remodel from a friend of a friend, spoke to the remodeler yesterday and he told me what I'll be charging right on the phone, before I even saw the job.
I have a strong feeling I might be wasting my time.
I'll open a thread on it when I get back, should be interesting.

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
Wait a minute! You mean the guy told you something like "We'll pay X amount for this job"? Unless it was twice the amount I would normally charge (and how could you know over the phone) I would have had to tell him that "I'm sorry but we do not rely on others to handle our pricing for us. We've found that unless one actually runs a plumbing company, one can hardly have any concept of what our true, actual costs are and that such persons will tend to forget about the appropriate profit margin altogether, therefore, we feel it would be in everybody's interest for us not to look at your project. Good luck."

·
Registered
378 Posts
Craigs list is a tool I have bein using since March or so and it is great.I have no problems telling folks "I'm not the least expensive but rather the best value for their dollar".There is no perfect form of advertising,and you get outrageous people at times from any and every source including referrals which should be a sure deal but aren't always.All I'm saying is for the most part,any advertising is good advertising.It's easy to say no to work if I can't get my numbers and you never know,they may get burned and end up calling you anyways .I try to be nice to everyone,even salespeople ,for a few minutes.:rolleyes:

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
Craigs list is a tool I have bein using since March or so and it is great.I have no problems telling folks "I'm not the least expensive but rather the best value for their dollar".There is no perfect form of advertising,and you get outrageous people at times from any and every source including referrals which should be a sure deal but aren't always.All I'm saying is for the most part,any advertising is good advertising.It's easy to say no to work if I can't get my numbers and you never know,they may get burned and end up calling you anyways .I try to be nice to everyone,even salespeople ,for a few minutes.:rolleyes:
Threader,

Are you charging a service charge, trip charge, dispatch fee, whatever you might call it, to come out and if so do CL people pay it?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Once my advertising for my targeted area increases in Sept.,I will be in a better position to ask for a min.37.00 [diagnosis] as the amount of calls should triple.And I am planning on going full bore with the flat-rate at the same time.For now I ask 10.00 trip charge and I either bid the job or go T&M at 90.00 [I prefer to bid which is quite a bit higher].Keep in mind,I get 9 of 10 calls I go to in person.I've bein in the business too long to run out to every call,if I don't get a good feel about them then I say we're too busy at this time .You have to remember ,this business is still in it's first year in this city and during stressful economic times at that.I'm growing in the direction that I want to be,and since the business opened doors here ,a solid 35% of business each month is from repeat customers and referrals which I feel very good about.I believe my market is quite a bit smaller than yours smells,and certainly not as affluent as other citys,other than cattle and oil,but I have a respectable business,and I charge respectable rates and the business is not hurting.I am open to any ideas on how to better sell the diagnosis fee .I am not a salesman,though I am a charmer at times but the two are not the same.:)My dirts out!

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well I got a e-mail, what I know so far.

His e-mail is josh Stewart <[email protected]>

that's information i give out to contractors. I don't know who you are

-
** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

What is it?

this message was remailed to you via: [email protected]

Searching the CCB site found his name

https://ccbed.ccb.state.or.us/ccb_frames/consumer_info/ccb_index.htm

CCB # Status Full Name Address 172799 Never Been Licensed - CCB ID No Only JOSH STEWART 838 G ST SPRINGFIELD OR 97477

Other info found on him and this is the good stuff.

Total Unpaid Civil Penalties: $719.60

The CCB Disciplinary Actions are enforcement actions taken against a contractor for violating state laws resulting in a license revocation, suspension or refusal to reissue or a civil penalty. This information covers the past seven years.

ENFORCEMENT CIVIL PENALTIES​
Investigation Number:65792​
Type of Violation: Performing work as a contractor without being licensed - Actual performance - Claim filed.​
Final Order Date: 5/17/2007​
Penalty Amount: $1,000.00​
Outstanding Amount: $719.60

Now all I have to do is get him to tell me what his CCB# is and JP# is, which he has none, I already did the research. He is a hack as you all can see.

I will nail him to the wall.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts