Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
law enforcement. When ever i do work for them I give them a good deal. My mother inlaw told me I should not do it, but let me tell you, it saved me many a times:thumbup:

Anyone else do the same for them or doctors, vets, or anyone else who may return the favor later?

·
Banned
239 Posts
seniors or any animal welfare group are the only ones i give discounts to......just donated a 50 gallon power vent to the local humane society...

my family is all in law enforcment and they get me hooked up with lots of public service workers if i gave that discount id be out of business......my old man is a police chief and tells me just cause i got you hooked up with them dosnet mean they deserve a discount....

·
Registered
843 Posts
I agree. If I have to kiss axx to work, I'd rather not. I treat all my customers well and equally. It doesn't say 'charity' on the side of my truck.

By giving special discounts to law enforcement, you're effectively saying that you charge too much the rest of the time. If you don't need your wages or your profit, then maybe you are charging too much.

You could always tell the supply house that you're paying 25% less for your material because it's for law enforcement and see how they take it.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Law enforcement here are all jerks with a wad up their shorts. IF I ever get a job at their house, they'll be lucky if i don't add 2 hours of labor to their bill just because they hassle everyone for no good reason. :rolleyes:

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
law enforcement. When ever i do work for them I give them a good deal. My mother inlaw told me I should not do it, but let me tell you, it saved me many a times:thumbup:

Anyone else do the same for them or doctors, vets, or anyone else who may return the favor later?
How much trouble you gettin' into up there in VA :laughing:.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Hell ,,, We get in LOTS of trouble over here in Va. !! Remember ,,, we gotta try and handle ALL the SH*T that comes out of DC .

I'm with giving a break to law enforcement , firefighters & seniors ,,,, without these 3 ,,, we'd ALL be S.O.L.

Cal

·
Registered
378 Posts
1/2 the fireman out there think they're plumbers,no discount!

Give the boys in blue a discount,you must be kidding...:no::laughing::laughing:.

My chiropractor gets discounts!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts