·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Is that what you call a loop vent?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i took a picture of this at a customers house on wednesday. i laughed and told the customer i was taking a picture for my album.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is on a addition thats about 3 years old, slab floor, not in a island, and this is in the most knit picky township in my area. all the piping did make changing the faucet a little harder.

·
Registered
98 Posts
one more thing,

i think the connection under the fixture drain is supposed to connect above the Tee.

i could be wrong though.

Vince

in canada, we have to provide a CO on any horizonal vent below the flood level rim of the fixture it serves

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
If water in the main drain fills the pipe to capacity as it pass's this contraption, there will be negative pressure or vacuum inside the entire loop! There is in other words, no vacuum break! Result? Sucking water out the trap

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey service, it must have passed by someone in the township because we call them the permit nazi's. these guys drive around all day and if a service truck is in someones drive way they will stop in and ask what you are doing and see if a permit is pulled. so a addition would not have gone unnoticed.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
The loop shouldn't have tied back into the drain. It should have gone to a vent stack somewhere. There isn't any way to access that loop for cabling/jetting, not that it really matters as it's not doing anything. Two 1/8 bends and one sweep 1/4 bend would have been better than two short turn 1/4 bends.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Perhaps it's the work of a handyman after the fact. Maybe it was roughed with two stacked two tee wyes draining the sinks independently and the top ran to a stack or AAV then someone decided to separate the sinks and made a poor excuse for a loop vent? Just a theory.

·
Registered
218 Posts
In Quebec,I ve seen them loop it inside a wall the highest possible,and back into the T wye.To a new basement washroom.It s not to code,but apparently the sink,will get its air in the loop.I forget if the connection is below the T, or above.

·
Registered
71 Posts
In Quebec,I ve seen them loop it inside a wall the highest possible,and back into the T wye.To a new basement washroom.It s not to code,but apparently the sink,will get its air in the loop.I forget if the connection is below the T, or above.
Thats because it's Quebec, everything is wacky there

1 - 20 of 21 Posts