Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Master Plumber/Mechanical
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I installed a tub and shower and replaced the shower valve. The valve was a Delta rough in I think 10000 series. The problem I have is when you turn on the valve a slight trickel come out the shower head. HO does not like the trickle. I have replaced the cartridge and still a trickle.

I have had this before but the HO was flipping the house and didn't care.

The Delta rep has no ideas. Water pressure is 45 psi

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I'm guessing you meant when you turn off the valve there is a slight trickle from the shower head?

·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I stated it correctly when you turn on the valve without the diverter pulled, water come out the shower head

·
AKA house plumber
3,560 Posts
is that the cartridge that has o-rings on the back of it? if so then one might be ripped or missing. If the water comes out pretty good, the valve may be upside down.

·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1/2" pet to the valve out of the valve to the shower head and diverter.
Removed the diverter and still water out of head

·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How much water? Well a strong trickle.

I took off the divert/tub spout thinking that it was the restriction but still have water out the shower head.

Could it be a bad rough in valve?

·
AKA house plumber
3,560 Posts
I don't know. If you're sure there are no washers missing or ripped. I know if the valve is upside down you will get water out of both at the same time.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I had the same problem, most valve directions state copper from valve to tub spout. Pex gives too much restriction. my valve was a Kohler. learned my lesson, we fixed it with a chrome shut off at the shower head

·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As a young apprentice I installed a valve upside down. Boss made me tear it out after hours and off the clock. Hard lesson. I know the valve is installed correctly. I.m thinking the pex is causing the issue

1 - 20 of 45 Posts