Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so you all know how much I like using pex, and you know that I'm a big fan of Delta faucets. Well......... just opened up a new Delta diamond lavy faucet I was going to use for a job this Tuesday. I'm not impressed. It's suppose to be the ones without the brass, no lead etc. It's light as a feather, pretty much all plastic. I can't sell this to my customers. :no:
I like the pex piping when I make my own connections, I just don't know about these faucets, it's getting returned tomorrow.

Has anyone else tried one of these? What do you think? Thumbs down from me.

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://411plumb.com/forums/topic/new-delta-lav-and-kitchen-fauctes

Hmm, wierd, we both post about the same thing, on the same day. Hmm. that is just weird, Hmm.
I guess you did, here's your post. The link you provided doesn't work.:: edit: never mind, your link does work. Just didn't work the first time for me.

"Came across this the other week and meant to post about this. Delta's new lav and kitchen faucets are coming assembled, get this, with pex supply lines. Yep, did 2 lav faucets for an owner provided job, then did a kitchen faucet at a differnt job. All three faucets were bought at the box stores, and came with sure enough, pex supply lines. One was a center hole faucet with the supply lines, pull out sprayer and anchor shank all in the same hole. Those supply lines probably arent going to last to long right up against that hole in the granite top. Now they come assembled with a nut on each supply with some kind of EPDM seal to attatch to the stop, but they also provide 2 3/8 plastic ferrels incase you have to cut then shorter. Not good, for the DIYer."

I just opened up the box and I don't like it, sending it back. I'm not going to be their tester for their new product. I'll stick with the regular Delta's for now. Thanks for the info RSP.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive always used delta- when they stopped making 2 handle tub faucets it really pissed me off! now if there going to plastic faucets im going to go postal on delta!!!!!! $##$%%%$#%^^%$$%####@#&***&&%$#$^&**(((%$

Have you ever seen one of those really cheapo plastic faucets? Well, that's what it feels like, it sucks! Hey, I'll take a picture of it and post it. Give me a few minutes.

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm pretty sure that if I have a HO want me to put one of these in I'll sell them something else or walk. I'm serious, this thing is cheap. How did it work out for you RSP? No leaks? Didn't they seem cheap to you? Pictures coming in a minute.

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The little quick lock attachment on the sprayer hose to the bottom of the Delta kitchen faucets are garbage too....
Man, I guess I'll be rethinking Delta. Why do they have to change a good thing? I don't get it. :no:
THAT FAUCET WAS AROUND 85 BUCKS! FOR PLASTIC!

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I usually stick with Mainline or Kolher. I say that but a Kolher kitchen sink faucet I installed a few weeks ago had 18" supply hoses on it.

·
master of disaster
758 Posts
tthat faucet even looks cheap! im taking 2 tylinol sleeping pills and going to bed! hope i willdream about brass faucets- plastic faucets give me nitemares!!!!!

LEAK-ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ-1 NITE, NITE!

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm doing some research tomorrow. I'm going to look for lavy faucets that ONLY offer the standard 1/2" brass shank. All this other 3/8 with no adapters, plastic etc. no thanks. I just did a quick look, they're still out there.
Any other suggestions would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Kolher Aqua Spec. 4" centers and not plastic. Installed a few and they seem to be holding up well. damn but I dont think they have single handle. Sorry

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I usually stick with Mainline or Kolher. I say that but a Kolher kitchen sink faucet I installed a few weeks ago had 18" supply hoses on it.

Thanks Plumberman I think you helped me out. I just took a look at the Mainline collection, I've never used them before. Solid brass construction, I like it, and I like the looks too. The closest distributor is a couple hours away but I found out they also carry Viega so it could be a win win for me. THANK YOU!:thumbup:

Did I speak too soon? I just read on another thread that the mainlines are delta knock off's with delta parts? What do you think plumberman, have you had good luck with them?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yep those are the new DST line of faucets that they are supposedly going to start cramming down our throats. Have never seen the lav. faucet line though. We were a test company for the kitchen DST lines whereby we were given the faucets at a deep discount and a $10.00 per faucet rebate to give our opinion. We put two in and sent the rest back to them with our opinion of their junk!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts