Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
I met my delta rep at the KAPHCC convention two weeks ago. Poor guys...I damn near talk their ears off about the design of the built in supply lines.

They've got to think at this point that I'm either really paranoid or I really care about what I put in my hands, and what I have to warrant.

I installed one of those 740-DST's and installation goes quite smooth, scary smooth.

You all will be shocked how the pull out spray connects now with a quick connect like before.

The cartridge is a work saver, but that is a product that won't be cheap to keep on the truck for repairs, aside as the ones before. That's probably a $37 item...?

I took video of the breakdown of this faucet last year.

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
I installed one so far.

The plastic lines are worrisome, but looped cleanly and the nuts threaded on. The one piece design accounts for 2 less water connections I have to worry about.

I'll miss the Delta ball and washers. They were a great selling point here in the woods where exotic repair parts are hard to get. I don't know if the new parts are available.

The faucet base is one piece now. Delta dumped the brass bolts and nuts and that's probably a good thing. On the 470, the little brass center nut comes loose of its own accord and I'm hoping Delta addressed that huge issue.

The faucet worked and it is a brand that people know....

·
Registered
265 Posts
Now virtually every manufacturer has the cartridge style faucet available. I've installed a ton of cartridge type faucets and they're good... until a tiny piece of debris gets caught between the sealing surfaces and you're replacing the cartridge. It is the ONLY drawback to these units. Technology is great and I'm always exited about new things on the horizon, but sometimes it's hard to beat a good old compression type faucet.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
I have installed one so far, pretty good, I just hate the pex lines, afraid to cut them shorter becauset he crappy plastic farrels they gave me in the box, so I left them long. Plus, you need to change out the stops to 3/8, out stops here are 1/2"

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have installed one so far, pretty good, I just hate the pex lines, afraid to cut them shorter becauset he crappy plastic farrels they gave me in the box, so I left them long. Plus, you need to change out the stops to 3/8, out stops here are 1/2"
No wonder you guys are always running out of water!

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
No wonder you guys are always running out of water!
heh.

I was wondering how the southwest was going to supply all those boom houses. There's a limited supply of water on this rock....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts