Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this one is tough for me to admit as I hate Delta but this is a darn good 2 handle faucet. There, I said it. :icon_redface:

It has a built in foam seal for the base( no need for caulk or plumber's putty ). The finish seems to very thick. The packaging was very good. While I have my reservations on plastic pop-ups, this one seems to be very thick walled and may even be fiber reinforced. The "threadless" shank on the pop-up means you don't need to apply pipe dope (I did anyway though just out of habit) to keep it from leaking and it installs in seconds.

I do have one complaint. I don't like the flimsy plastic push rod on the pop-up actuator. It feals realy cheap and seam like it might break if used frequently.

The thing that I like the most about this faucet is the fact that it's one solid hunk of brass from the supply tube threads to the aerator threads. It's HEAVY! You could bludgeon someone to death with it and I like that in a faucet :thumbsup:

I give it 4.5 pipe wrenches out of 5 (only because of the cheap plastic push rod)

Attachments

· Certified Lunatic
20,659 Posts

· ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was a customer supplied install. Yeah, I'm not fond of plastic pop-ups but this one seemed pretty sturdy. Takes like 10 minutes to install this faucet. It's scary quick to install.

Ahhh You put in one of the Homer Specials with the plastic drain...:laughing:

· Drained Professional
842 Posts
I've had some problems with the plastic pop-ups on some old moen, but that was long ago. I guess those first impressions are worth alot.
Yeah, I still shy away from them although I've found that there is cheap plastic and quality plastic so time will tell on that.
Nice looking faucet, tho.

Edit: I should mention that when they first came out with the plastic holdown nuts I wa s abit miffed. Now I see them as a godsend! (Easy in - easy out!)

· ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,328 Posts

· Hecho In America
4,161 Posts
On the threads when I tightened up the nut. Ended up with pipe dope all over the threads and the rubber washer on the bottom of the lav to make it stop.

Seemed like the threads were cross threaded from the factory, faucet is nice though.

· ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The threads are not sealing threads on that design. They sit below the gasket completely. The only purpose they serve is to lift the gasket cup up into the lav drain hole to compress the gasket. Putting pipe dope on the threads serves absolutely no purpose. Now, if you put some on the shank of the pop-up drain where the gasket sides up into the drain hole then that could help.

On the threads when I tightened up the nut. Ended up with pipe dope all over the threads and the rubber washer on the bottom of the lav to make it stop.

Seemed like the threads were cross threaded from the factory, faucet is nice though.

· Registered
468 Posts
http://www.deltafaucet.com/customersupport/documentation/25919LF.html?document=ts&documentIndex=0

Looks like they will continue to make the Lewiston as the lead free 25919LF. Unlike many of their single handle faucets, they are not switching to pre-attached plastic supply lines. They mention stainless steel lined shanks. That must jack the price up!

I don't know what the spout was on the old one, but for sure the new one will NOT be a cast brass spout. Probably hollow with a copper or plastic water passage.

· Registered
13 Posts
You may need to lube up the Mack washer on the very bottom, sometimes as you tighten them the washer twisted a little. the Pipe dope prevents that and allows the washer to be compressed without kinking/twisting. plus use some Putty, softened up slightly to make it more pliable. Do not over tighten or nut WILL split. Worse case, go buy a Gerber pop assembly. fair priced and much better quality.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.