Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went on a call today at a Gas Station, was told customers broke sink off the wall, I know it was a deliberate act just by what I seen when I entered the bathroom, bracket was intact and still fully secured to the wall, sink was on the floor, supply still attached and on to the fixture, it was snapped on the san-tee coming out of the wall, it was like some one lifted the sink from the bracket, then using the weight of the sink and pushed down on the drain, was able to break the PVC Tee, sink was not even broken, who ever did it knew what they were doing. Maybe the one who did it was pissed cause the price of gas was too high. Who knows, I had to open wall to fix it. It's fixed now.

·
Registered
584 Posts
If you want to rip bathrooms out do it in the Exon Mobil corporate headquarters. Better yet go down to Wall Street and do it. That's the source of the problem. Ripping off the little guy gets no one anywhere.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Read the instructions next time you put in a wall hung lav. Most require a carrier. I dunno why they even send that little bracket.

If you do use the chincy bracket at least put blocking in for the screws through the bottom of the back of the lav.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a full width bracket not the 2" wide ones.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
We generally put in kohler. They say a carrier is required. I think it's a 3025. I don't know if this is the case with other manufactures as well.

They send an 8" wide plate with the prongs at the top to hold the china.

I have quite a collection of them.:)

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Years ago as a union service plumber I had a service call at the Blue Note Cafe, and somebody threw a beer bottle at the wall hung toilet,

it shot a hole in the bowl and out the other side above the trap water level in the bowl.......:eek:

Only time it would leak would be when it was flushed.

You couldn't throw a glass beer bottle and do that twice, and cause that to happen again.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
If you want to rip bathrooms out do it in the Exon Mobil corporate headquarters. Better yet go down to Wall Street and do it. That's the source of the problem. Ripping off the little guy gets no one anywhere.
Don't forget the white house.:thumbsup:

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
Went on a call today at a Gas Station, was told customers broke sink off the wall, I know it was a deliberate act just by what I seen when I entered the bathroom, bracket was intact and still fully secured to the wall, sink was on the floor, supply still attached and on to the fixture, it was snapped on the san-tee coming out of the wall, it was like some one lifted the sink from the bracket, then using the weight of the sink and pushed down on the drain, was able to break the PVC Tee, sink was not even broken, who ever did it knew what they were doing. Maybe the one who did it was pissed cause the price of gas was too high. Who knows, I had to open wall to fix it. It's fixed now.
Were these clients? If they were new customers, maybe the old plumber got a little slow one day :eek:.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts