Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Clean, I see a valve really high, what does that turn on? maybe the picture is just throwing me off....it is above the mixing valve, maybe the shower head? yeah, I BET THATS IT, the silly shower head, the other diverter controls the 2 body sprays :thumbsup: correct me if I am wrong please.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
Clean, I see a valve really high, what does that turn on? maybe the picture is just throwing me off....it is above the mixing valve, maybe the shower head? yeah, I BET THATS IT, the silly shower head, the other diverter controls the 2 body sprays :thumbsup: correct me if I am wrong please.
It's a Grohe thermostatic, so there would have to be a control valve for the shower head.

Funny story, two years ago I did a co-op renovation for an architect that was very hands on, and a pain in the ass. He insisted on supplying the fixtures, and had a Hansgrohe thermostatic and a shower valve speced for the guest bathroom, with no control valve. I called him and pointed out that he needed to provide me with a control valve and a location for it within two days or I would have to charge him and extra to return and install it. He called me back at the end of the day to inform me that a control valve was needed and to rough it according to the print, at this point I informed him that I would need that in writing signed by him delivered to the jobsite the next day before I would install it.

I got his OK delivered and installed the valve as provided, it cost the architect a little over $20,000 to have the granite demoed and re-installed after I added the control valve when the homeowners found out the guest shower ran continuously.

·
Registered
752 Posts
hmm the rough in seems a lil different than the finish i don't think i see your thermostatic either...?? i'm a lil buzzed so maybe i'm trippin' other than that very clean job man!!! mad props

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Looks good super, not being critical but i thought that the bottom outlet was always plugged if not used with a diverter spout,could be wrong,just asking?:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts