Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you use custom handle ball valves?
I get mine from Plumb Master.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
What kind of quality are the valves?

We use cheap imports for "throw away" valves, and Nibco or Milwaukee for permanent valves, and we only use full port valves.

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The are full port. The nice thing is your min order has to be 30 mix or match.
Quality I think is good. Don't know if they are import or not.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I do the sticker thing as well. Depending on what company worked on it last I sometimes put ours over theirs:whistling2:

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
One up the competition in the sticker wars. Make one a bit bigger, make it a coupon for replacing the unit, make it bright orange and nice looking. Your customers will love it and even if they get a competitor in, they will often not allow him to remove or cover the sticker. I have heard some funny stories about that.

Try $15 on a disposer, $50 on a WH, or what ever.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I will also leave cards when I go somewhere to eat and see a rival contractor working on something and tell the manager to call me if they cant fix the problem or do poor work. I have landed a few service contracts this way in the past couple of years.

·
Registered
112 Posts
We are not allowed to remove or place over a competitors sticker. We just put them next to it. We are also not allowed to bad mouth other companies.

We stand by our work at that is all we need.

We have thought about the custome handle ball valves but decided against it. We were doubtful anybody would look at a shut off handle to get the name of a plumber :) I suppose it may get an extra call or two...

I recently replaced a W/H that had a $50 rebate sticker on it from some other company... Guess it did not work :)

·
Banned
913 Posts
We are not allowed to remove or place over a competitors sticker. We just put them next to it. We are also not allowed to bad mouth other companies.

:innocent: Good policy to always take the high road. Out of curiousity, once they use your company, do you ask the customer if they would mind you placing your sticker over a competitors? From a customer standpoint I would appreciate only looking at one sticker so I remember which guys were the good guys.

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
:innocent: Good policy to always take the high road. Out of curiousity, once they use your company, do you ask the customer if they would mind you placing your sticker over a competitors? From a customer standpoint I would appreciate only looking at one sticker so I remember which guys were the good guys.
I ALWAYS asked first, both to apply my stickers and to cover up the other guy's stickers. I had a lot of fun with it and my customers did too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
No we don't ask. We put stickers on W/H, Boilers, F/A Furnaces, and Unit Heaters. We are required to is what the boss says :)

I never had a customer say anything about me putting stickers on...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts