Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys usually get for a mainline?
$236 with outside cleanout (includes camera)
$269 from inside house (includes camera)
Thats what I get. Their jaw drops when I tell them, if I don't get it open to clean you don't pay, just the svc fee. I try to use the camera on every drain if it will fit. 2" and smaller it won't.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Registered
378 Posts
When you guys say camera ,are you also including line locating or just the visual?As long as I'm putting the camera in I usually locate it at the same time.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
We have no interest in doing this type of work, and the GC that wants us to do it pays for it, $250.00 an hour with a two hour minimum, we always send two guys, a plumber and an apprentice.

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't locate with mine. I usually show the ho's on the screen right before I put the camera in, they usually chuckle, if they have kids it becomes fun.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
When you guys say camera ,are you also including line locating or just the visual?As long as I'm putting the camera in I usually locate it at the same time.

Location is really easy, I use the ridgid scout. I also leave the customers their sewer on DVD.

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
Location is really easy, I use the ridgid scout. I also leave the customers their sewer on DVD.
I have an older Spartan that has VHS. I really don't offer the VHS anymore after my buddy asked me one day what kept the ho from using the VHS I provide them with to price shop me with other plumbers. I had to respond "I don't know." A picture is worth a thousand words and I want the ho to see it "live" but I certainly don't want to make it easy on my competition. If the ho wants a second opinion, fine, pay someone else to run their camera. Can you imagine the outrage of getting low balled by some guy that doesn't even own a camera who used your video to bid the job?!

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
Oh yeah, $239 for cable from an outside clean out. $425 for the jetter. 3/8" cable (mini rooter) only, from the roof. If they have roots and no outside or basement/garage clean out we will sell them an in ground clean out install or they can get someone else.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh yeah, $239 for cable from an outside clean out. $425 for the jetter. 3/8" cable (mini rooter) only, from the roof. If they have roots and no outside or basement/garage clean out we will sell them an in ground clean out install or they can get someone else.

Sounds about right for my area as well

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
135 for laundry, shower, tub or kitchen drain, floor drain
150 for main line w/ cleanout.
-add on 25 for single story vent access or limited access
-75 for 2 story vent or to pull a toilet
-250 for snake and camera(visual only)

Snaking comes with 90 day warranty as long as abuse of line isn't discovered and there are no offsets. Never had a callback yet. knock on wood.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Main line, branchline, closet auger - $110.00

$45.00 extra to pull the tiolet + Parts

Sewer roof vent $220.00 two guy's as required by the company

Camera $165.00 $110.00 within 90 days of service or at time of

Jetter $395.00 2hr minimum

Customer getting their picture taken with me......Priceless!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts