Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to try out craigslist to see how it works out. Check out my ad and let me know what you think? geo.craiglist.org/iso/us/in
Be honest!

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
3K I tried to copy and paste the link and came up with nothing at all. Check the link.
Ditto.

As for C-list, my experience hasn't been very good.
In my area it seems like a lowballers auction, where homeowners search for the cheapest deals they can find.

It's free, can't hurt to try it...but in my area I found it a waste of time.

I humored another member of the forum whom I chat with on the phone & typed out an ad that specifically stated I was NOT the cheapest guy around, that my focus was on quality without cutting unseen corners to unsuspecting homeowners.
Not one nibble all week.

The internet has conditioned many to seek the cheapest airline, hotel & merchandise prices from large scale outlets...but they just don't seem to realize that seeking the cheapest price for someone to work on their home is not the same...not at all.

Thats like looking for the cheapest food, or cheapest doctor, there are some things you just DON'T want to cut corners on and many are clueless.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
LOL, I did a Craigs List ad, interesting, I was tired of not hearing my phone ring, so it rang, with people who wasted my time.

Every call went great, up until I told them the service charge to do the work they wanted done, it was so funny, because I had their address and everything, scheduled a time to come out, postponed the charge till last, and there was silence on the phone, I was so good at it, I would pause with them to wait for their excuse.

It was classic :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
LOL, I did a Craigs List ad, interesting, I was tired of not hearing my phone ring, so it rang, with people who wasted my time.

Every call went great, up until I told them the service charge to do the work they wanted done, it was so funny, because I had their address and everything, scheduled a time to come out, postponed the charge till last, and there was silence on the phone, I was so good at it, I would pause with them to wait for their excuse.

It was classic :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
classic :yes:

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
Rob, I know you...I could just see and hear you while doing it...I'm giggling like an idiot here...

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sorry I'll write it here for you to read!

Let me introduce our company, 3 Kings Plumbing LLC. We have 11 years of experiance in plumbing, this includes the services and installation that are consistanct with residential and light commercial construction. We are confident that with our expertise we can provide the services you need.

It's the mission of 3 Kings Plumbing to treat every job asif it was done inour home. We take pride in our work because we know that a company's reputation for excellent service and construction is priceless.

It is the philosophy which holds our company accountable for quality service that a customer deserve.

Service we provide:
Water heaters, Sump pumps, Battery back ups, Gas leak repair and replacement, Faucet repair and replacement, Water and Sewer connectins,
and Basically if water runs through it we do it! (except drain cleaning)

If you are iterested in high quality of work at a great price contact us at:

We are looking forward to the opportunity to work with you.

(Protect yourself and your investment hire a License Plumbing Contrator!)

So what do you think of my rumble jumble?

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Sounds Great ! I am sure you know already, you have a few typo's, but what the hey, run it, I would say maybe Craigs list is like the phone book, may just work in your area.

I know another who uses it across the country, he does not have nearly the crap I have calling me when I run it.

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for type o's

On the list it's ok I'm tired and lazy on here tonight! heading fro the shower and bed! need more than 4 hrs of sleep for a change

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
My curiosity finally got the best of me so I ran a cl ad about 2 weeks ago. First response was an e-mail from someone trying to sell me something. Second response was from a very nice guy who was very easy to book, had no problem with the $59 service charge and was happy (without complaint or any whining) to authorize $716 worth of work. Was a very pleasant experience. Third response got lost in the shuffle and was not responded to in a timely fashion (my fault).

So far I am pleasantly surprised but I am expecting that this will probably be the exception rather than the rule. Oh yeah, if it makes any differance to anybody the guy we did the work for was some kind of computer geek.

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First week on list

For the first week I got more response with people trying to sell me stuff. But I did get a Response on giving a Bid on a DQ in my area. The guy sent plans over to me for I can bid it:thumbsup:

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
For the first week I got more response with people trying to sell me stuff. But I did get a Response on giving a Bid on a DQ in my area. The guy sent plans over to me for I can bid it:thumbsup:
Nice! At least you generated one lead from it. Do a good job on the DQ and he may have others:thumbup:

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well after a few weeks being on the list. I got the DQ but lost it due to schedule conflicts. He wanted me to be there the same week I already had a job schedule. But my # were right in with the other 2 company's that bidded it. Well you win some and lose some. It was God telling me I didn't need to do that job.:)

But as for the list it sucks!! Got a lot of phone calls on buying this or that. One call for service I told the lady $60 service call, then we can tell here what it will take to fix the problem and the cost. She said well the last guy I called off there said it will only be $40 to do the job:eek: I said are you sure he was a licensed plumber??? it's against the law to use an unlicense plumber!

·
Banned
913 Posts
If you are iterested in high quality of work at a great price contact us at:
3 Kings - I would leave it at "If you are interested in high quality work, then we are the plumbing company for you."

Great price means a bargain to me.

If you want to be bold "If you are interested in high quality work and can afford the best, then we are the plumbing company for you."

What is that in your Avatar?????

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry The one picture was a wet kitten now it a aqurium sink I gotz to get me one of these sinks

·
Banned
913 Posts
Computer is doing something funny.

Just when I posted your Avatar had a hand with an animal in it. Now it's a vanity. Am I going crazy?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts