Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 1028 Posts

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
New warning from the CDC

I can't stand rotary phones. There are way too many of them still in use around here. If you're going to have that as a home phone where there is no cell service, please also have something a bit more modern so I don't have to dial the number five times trying to get it correct. :vs_mad: God forbid you had to dial 911!

Seriously, I have a beige touch tone from the 80's I have debated keeping in the van to hook up at customers houses where they have those bs phones.

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts
I can't stand rotary phones. There are way too many of them still in use around here. If you're going to have that as a home phone where there is no cell service, please also have something a bit more modern so I don't have to dial the number five times trying to get it correct. :vs_mad: God forbid you had to dial 911!

Seriously, I have a beige touch tone from the 80's I have debated keeping in the van to hook up at customers houses where they have those bs phones.

It felt strange to disconnect my land line phone in my house. Only have a cell now. I hope it's easy to get another within a few hours if this one breaks. Some day people are going to ask what's the small plug in the wall for?

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
It felt strange to disconnect my land line phone in my house. Only have a cell now. I hope it's easy to get another within a few hours if this one breaks. Some day people are going to ask what's the small plug in the wall for?

I always keep an extra cell phone in the work van and one at home. I also bring one on vacation. For sim card models you almost always just swap the sim card. For models with out sim cards there is a number you dial on the new phone and then follow the prompts to activate service on the new phone.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts
I always keep an extra cell phone in the work van and one at home. I also bring one on vacation. For sim card models you almost always just swap the sim card. For models with out sim cards there is a number you dial on the new phone and then follow the prompts to activate service on the new phone.

I doubt it might be that easy for me. Probably have to call my service provider to somehow activate a new phone and transfer something. It is all speculation on my part.

·
Super Moderator
7,481 Posts
We never got a land line when we bought our new house 8 years ago. My son was 4 when we moved. Probably about a year after we moved he asked that very question. I have a wall hung rotary phone in the basement that came with the house, he loved playing with it whe he was younger.

·
Registered
8,975 Posts

When did he wake them up? He got less votes than hillary, that means he had a minority. And before you say it, I refused to vote for her too.

LOL..yeah more votes from the dead and people that voted multiple times and thats why the electoral vote is what counts and hillbagger got buried by Trump just like biden will...

·
Registered
8,975 Posts

at least you admit to your limitations of being too slow and uncoordinated to dial a rotary phone....my god how did people use them for almost 100 years.....:vs_laugh:

·
Registered
289 Posts
The United Conservative Party in the province west of me. Announced last week they were cutting support workers at the hospitals. I'm not sure how many, but they're is supposed to be thousands. The Alberta Government is going to privatise their jobs. Pay some conservative bubby to cut their wages.

Those workers have gone through the virus and worked hard, Now the Government is dropping a turd on them.

They are P*ssed Off, they said if you're replace us, do it now.
They went on strike.

Alberta's covid infection rate is third highest in the country. Soon they will be closing departments.

Maybe these conservatives will get the message.

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts
Crazy to think in the beginning of the first 2-3 months they allocated over 30 deaths to the virus. Then only one time they said on the news not a single case was confirmed or autopsied. Now today about 10 times the amount of people who catch it daily but they aren't dying anymore. They still plaster that freaking death number every single day. The fake deaths are here to stay. And now we have ads showing people into comas, some with holes in their throat.

The worst part are all the brick and mortar businesses that have shut down, never seen anything like it.

1001 - 1020 of 1028 Posts