Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1028 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,481 Posts
Sht it's perseption, the way you speak about us is over the top for most Canadians. You think it's humour when you call me or anyone that doesn't follow your beliefs is a libtard. Here it's a major insult some of us are conservative and we are too far left for you.

Have you not noticed that most of the Canadians that belong to this group are silent. I know some of us still are saying things. The others are insulted by the names. There are those that agree with your opinion.

But there is a adage here most of us go by, "I voted so it gives me the right to female dog" (they won't let me use the word which is bull crap. Libtard is more offensive. :sad2::sad2:)

Our thinking is for example. If I say something Tango disagrees with. He voted here so he can say what he believes. Even through dirt at whoever.

I have like put my foot across the line on your side. I will try not to from now on.
I obviously speak for SRDH, but I have experiences with Canadians from early on in which they have formed my opinion about Canadians in general, at least French Canadians. I grew up in New England and would vacation in Maine, Vermont, up State New York... French Canadians are incredibly rude and disrespectful in public. It’s one thing when we kinda know each other on even an online forum and another when dealing with strangers.

Fast forward to 9/11. When I first started in the field, I was assigned to a French Canadian to learn. That day I showed up at his place, after battling unusually amount of traffic, listening to my new cd. He had the news on and said “Did you hear? Terrorists flew some planes into the towers.”

As things were unfolding throughout the day he kept complaining that it was the only thing on the radio. He finally sound some stupid station. No care, not his problem.

I had a well deserved dislike for Canadians because I never met one that wasn’t a complete AZZ! I’ve met people from all over the world. I have many different opinions about every nationality. Canadians have always come off as self centered in all of my encounters. That said, I can think of some nationalities that I think much less of than Canadians.

I continued to have a bad opinion about Canadians until I joined PZ. I think I have a better understanding of Canadians now thanks to Tango. He has a unique because he understands both sides of the country.

I can also say, that here in America we love a good debate. Generally speaking, with the exception extreme left/right, talking politics and views is one thing, friendship and even professional relations is often a separate issue.

$5 says if you asked a plumbing question that was confusing you, or you have never encountered before, if SRDH knew the answer or had a suggestion, he would gladly help.

I have a friend, former mentor. He’s pretty far left, I’m pretty far right. There are many things we agree on and disagree on. Until this Covid BS we’d get together at least once a month to chitchat. Despite our political differences, we’re friends. He can call me whenever he wants, I can call him a libtard... neither of us takes offense because that’s just political BS.

Look at Skoro vs SRDH. Those two go back and forth all the time! $1000 says that if they ever met in a bar each would offer to buy the other a beer.... or hard seltzer for Skoro...

Hope this helps to understand a little of our culture. There are times to take things personally, and times to say “Whatever, that’s just your right to your opinion and doesn’t mean anything to me.”

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
I obviously speak for SRDH, but I have experiences with Canadians from early on in which they have formed my opinion about Canadians in general, at least French Canadians. I grew up in New England and would vacation in Maine, Vermont, up State New York... French Canadians are incredibly rude and disrespectful in public. It’s one thing when we kinda know each other on even an online forum and another when dealing with strangers.

Fast forward to 9/11. When I first started in the field, I was assigned to a French Canadian to learn. That day I showed up at his place, after battling unusually amount of traffic, listening to my new cd. He had the news on and said “Did you hear? Terrorists flew some planes into the towers.”

As things were unfolding throughout the day he kept complaining that it was the only thing on the radio. He finally sound some stupid station. No care, not his problem.

I had a well deserved dislike for Canadians because I never met one that wasn’t a complete AZZ! I’ve met people from all over the world. I have many different opinions about every nationality. Canadians have always come off as self centered in all of my encounters. That said, I can think of some nationalities that I think much less of than Canadians.

I continued to have a bad opinion about Canadians until I joined PZ. I think I have a better understanding of Canadians now thanks to Tango. He has a unique because he understands both sides of the country.

I can also say, that here in America we love a good debate. Generally speaking, with the exception extreme left/right, talking politics and views is one thing, friendship and even professional relations is often a separate issue.

$5 says if you asked a plumbing question that was confusing you, or you have never encountered before, if SRDH knew the answer or had a suggestion, he would gladly help.

I have a friend, former mentor. He’s pretty far left, I’m pretty far right. There are many things we agree on and disagree on. Until this Covid BS we’d get together at least once a month to chitchat. Despite our political differences, we’re friends. He can call me whenever he wants, I can call him a libtard... neither of us takes offense because that’s just political BS.

Look at Skoro vs SRDH. Those two go back and forth all the time! $1000 says that if they ever met in a bar each would offer to buy the other a beer.... or hard seltzer for Skoro...

Hope this helps to understand a little of our culture. There are times to take things personally, and times to say “Whatever, that’s just your right to your opinion and doesn’t mean anything to me.”
correct on both accounts...
to ken53...any thread that is political will get heated, im on many forums and any thread that deals with polotics gets heated and people get butt hurt..but the political threads are like vegas..what happens there STAYS there..it does not carry over into other threads on what the forum is about, this one is plumbing...
for skoso, I break his balls in all threads as he seems to have a thick skin and gives it back..usually...and he certainly gives it to others in all threads..so what goes around comes around..
I personally havent interacted with canadians in person, but on many other forums they seem to be obsessed with the polotics of the USA and always want to tell use how wrong we are and how they hate Trump, but forget how fuked up canada is with some flaming homo in charge...( ps I dont care if the guy is straight or not)..so I respond to the canadians in like manor..the ones that are azzholes..and there are many that are NOT azzholes and can have a decent conversation about any topic including politics...
bottom line is if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen..

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
My aunt, who’s a semi retired nurse posted this on Facebook
what most people forget is our bodies NEED germs to build an immune system..without germs and there are plenty everywhere, humans would have died off a long time ago..the worse possible thing are all these anti bacterial soaps and cleaners people use way too much..the reason so many get sick with all kinds of illnesses is because they try to live in antiseptic world...and then when they are exposed to even the weakest of germs their body cant fight them off...

·
Super Moderator
7,481 Posts
what most people forget is our bodies NEED germs to build an immune system..without germs and there are plenty everywhere, humans would have died off a long time ago..the worse possible thing are all these anti bacterial soaps and cleaners people use way too much..the reason so many get sick with all kinds of illnesses is because they try to live in antiseptic world...and then when they are exposed to even the weakest of germs their body cant fight them off...
Same with drain cleaning and enzymes vs bacteria.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts

Wow, I think this might be the first scientifically correct thing you've said in all your time on the pz! :vs_laugh::vs_laugh:

Reactions: Tango

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts
The province is going hay wire. Different regions now have different lock down levels. In some major cities back to full lock down, restaurants and bars closed, no one allowed into your home except essential services. So I guess construction will be shut down again, millions of dollars are going to be lost and I bet this time someone will start suing the government for lost revenues. But guess what kids can spread the virus in schools playing among each other.

Just watch a lot of people are going to end up in trouble, people out of work, landlords won't get rent since tenants don't have to pay due to extra ordinary circumstances. So that means if it comes to my area I'm not allowed to see my GF. FN stupid. I'm going to have to trick my work orders too for the thought police. Changing a faucet is it a necessity if it's hanging by a thread but not flooding the place yet?

Here's more idiocy. I took this picture today, don't drink from the fountain to prevent the spread but go ahead and put your dirty fingers in the Focking candy slot straight to your mouth. You're thirsty go drink from the toilet bowl. :vs_mad:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,481 Posts
Even though we’re still on semi lockdown, people are really starting to say fck it. People are still wearing masks in stores because of the totalitarian order from our governor. The supply houses and my mechanic has never enforced it. The grocery store removed all the “one way” stickers in isles, not that anyone ever paid attention to them anyway. Just a waste of money for the company.

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Even though we’re still on semi lockdown, people are really starting to say fck it. People are still wearing masks in stores because of the totalitarian order from our governor. The supply houses and my mechanic has never enforced it. The grocery store removed all the “one way” stickers in isles, not that anyone ever paid attention to them anyway. Just a waste of money for the company.
many people are also getting wise to the fuking they are getting from the demtards with the virus....and how its not as deadly as they keep trying to make it out to be...

·
canuckPlumBbob
871 Posts
Are media is to americanized and it brainwashes alot of people that live here.
I bet the majority of canadians know more about what goes on in the u.s then our own country.
Theres [email protected] on both sides of the fence.

I feel like the common denominator is there is a herd of people who are just to dam stupid to form their own opinion on certain issues and just take whatever they hear on the news as "facts"
The more poeple that go to university the dumber our nations get.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I bet the majority of canadians know more about what goes on in the u.s then our own country.

I feel like the common denominator is there is a herd of people who are just to dam stupid to form their own opinion on certain issues and just take whatever they hear on the news as "facts"

*our *too *than *there are *people

I dropped out of high school. I have been making more money than the teachers I had for years now, all of whom hold college degrees.

Perhaps education is unrelated to intelligence. Perhaps education is really just to learn more about a particular subject to further a specific career choice. Perhaps there are intelligent people who choose not to bother with higher education and skills like proper spelling and grammar.

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts

I dropped out of high school. I have been making more money than the teachers I had for years now, all of whom hold college degrees.

Perhaps education is unrelated to intelligence. Perhaps education is really just to learn more about a particular subject to further a specific career choice. Perhaps there are intelligent people who choose not to bother with higher education and skills like proper spelling and grammar.

My chemistry/science teacher always told us, in front of the whole class to a friend and I that we would be bums on main street beating old people up. My math teacher who was a patel brand refused to teach us, he only helped the girls. I went to my high school principal and told him I was dropping math 5, chemistry 5, science 5. He thought it was preposterous but I said whatever, I read the governmental rules and I need so many credits and some other mandatory classes. With that you are obliged to give my high school diploma. If you don't comply I'll quit school altogether. And just like that my classes dropped in half and I still earned my high school degree. This degree was needed to go to plumbing school. All my life I took classes in the evenings and week ends.

Now I have my own business, aside of owning a business I attained another goal of mine very few can achieve, some take 20-30 years to get there. I'm about to attain another goal people dream about their entire lives...

Being smart with your intelligence and knowing how to take full advantage of it is the key. In hind sight If only I had that nudge to this spark.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
My chemistry/science teacher always told us, in front of the whole class to a friend and I that we would be bums on main street beating old people up. My math teacher who was a patel brand refused to teach us, he only helped the girls. I went to my high school principal and told him I was dropping math 5, chemistry 5, science 5. He thought it was preposterous but I said whatever, I read the governmental rules and I need so many credits and some other mandatory classes. With that you are obliged to give my high school diploma. If you don't comply I'll quit school altogether. And just like that my classes dropped in half and I still earned my high school degree. This degree was needed to go to plumbing school. All my life I took classes in the evenings and week ends.

Now I have my own business, aside of owning a business I attained another goal of mine very few can achieve, some take 20-30 years to get there. I'm about to attain another goal people dream about their entire lives...

Being smart with your intelligence and knowing how to take full advantage of it is the key. In hind sight If only I had that nudge to this spark.

Luckily my teachers were all pretty great. I was a smart kid and being in class with kids my age was infuriating. Like the one girl, in high school, couldn't understand how to hook up a light bulb to a battery. Not how it worked, just how to wire it up. My one science teacher just let me read science stuff in the back of the room while the other kids learned the basics I had read about a year or two prior.

I wanted to go out and do stuff, I didn't want to be stuck in class staring at a chalkboard filled with childish drawings half my classmates could barley grasp.

·
Registered
8,975 Posts

you hit the nail on the head..I would say a huge portion of out country get through life by accident, they need to be told what todo and how todo it, along with following what others do, and the media and politicians know this and use it for their advantage to get people to think they are the best...
love or hate Trump he has woken up another huge part( the silent majority) to get up and look for themselves whats going on...and see how the long standing political system has screwed them for decades..thats why life long political idiots hate him and continue with all the fake news about him...and all the fake investigations over nothing..and he still manages to do more than most presidents..

·
Registered
8,975 Posts

I dont equate education with being smart or being able to make alot of money...there are plenty of smart people that never finished school or got any higher education...
I also dont equate having lots of money with being overall smart or having any common sense...

·
canuckPlumBbob
871 Posts

Skor on grammar patrol lol
You marking papers tonight?Looks like i get a C-

I just type fast i dont proof read my essays for PZ

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
........... Trump he has woken up another huge part( the silent majority) .............

When did he wake them up? He got less votes than hillary, that means he had a minority. And before you say it, I refused to vote for her too.

Reactions: OpenSights

·
Super Moderator
7,481 Posts

When did he wake them up? He got less votes than hillary, that means he had a minority. And before you say it, I refused to vote for her too.

Let’s try not to go P&R too far guys.

My theory is he’s been keeping his promises for the most part, he’s been saying what many of us have been thinking about the swamp And he’s doing his best to expose it. Fixing it is also up to us.

981 - 1000 of 1028 Posts