Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1029 Posts

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering how everyone is handling this subject...its been
on my mind for a while and yesterday I just augered out someone toilet and they were sick with the sniffles.....

Being plumbers we get calls all the time from folks as sick as dogs needing plumbing repaired who do not care one bit about the people coming to their door to repair things.....

Personally I think my immune system is extreme due to the pathogens I get around every day but this is a new level of fun and games for everyone....

I wonder if over in China where they let this pathogen out of the bio labs if service people are asking if you have anyone sick in your home or not before they come out to do repairs???

and Yes, I do have the masks in my truck already.... but am saving them for later

any thoughts??

·
Registered
9,004 Posts
lots of thoughts here, some conspiracy some not...I personally think this is a bug cooked up in a lab as a bio weapon and it is not any normal corona virus...either 1 of 2 things....china let this out on purpose to kill off the old and sick to cleanse their people, or someone else let a bio weapon out ....why? well it all depends on what happens in the end..the numbers still dont add up for all the fuss the powers tobe are making, in the USA on any normal year 50,000+ plus people die of the common flu..and hundreds of thousands get the flu and recover and it doesnt make the news...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...it-prevented&usg=AOvVaw23jaYM63tfolyLx2sgrcGB

so the media and governments are not saying what exactly this virus is thats going around and that is the wild card on not knowing where this will end up..
but for day to day work its not a concern yet...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Our big mess this week was in a mens bathroom, fecal, TP, and paper towels! Water and kibble all over the floor. I hut down the bathroom for 2 days, had our janitors bleach down the whole fecking bathroom.

·
Super Moderator
7,504 Posts
Honestly I’m not concerned about it. If it was the new Black Death, there would be far more bodies stacked up in the streets by now. But seriously, like SRDH said.... the conspiracies.

Hong Kong was protesting and I was thinking it was close to civil war, or a massacre. I really haven’t paid attention to where in China it started or how close to Hong Kong. Kinda obvious, if I were an evil dictator and some of my slaves started acting up, I’d just wipe them out. In reality if China performed a mass murder the world would react. Release a virus, not me, that was Mother Nature!

Another thought is impeachment failed, they can’t make Trump look bad no matter what. So the Dems collude with China to release a “plague” with the promise of removing Trump’s tariffs. Election and Hong Kong, two birds, one stone. Now hype this new flu to the point that it’s more deadly than the bird flu or swine flu.

I’m not saying that it’s not a danger, but I don’t think it’s as bad as it’s made out to be. Death vs recovery tells the tail.

Also trying to keep this out of P&R....

·
Super Moderator
7,504 Posts
Our big mess this week was in a mens bathroom, fecal, TP, and paper towels! Water and kibble all over the floor. I hut down the bathroom for 2 days, had our janitors bleach down the whole fecking bathroom.
I see that almost daily! Even waste deep when necessary, waders of course. But mostly in residential. Once I got a main line, about a foot deep. Once I got it open, there was a 12’ diameter 1’ high of sht and TP! I had to kick paths in the ring to let the rest of the water to the floor drain.

Obviously different situations, you definitely did the right thing! I’ve come across restaurants where the bathroom looked like what you describe. I clean the line and send a bill, the clean up is on them and I guarantee they put the minimum possible effort in to cleaning.

·
Registered
791 Posts
It seems like a lot of hype and fear mongering. Those countries where the cases are the highest, tend to have healthcare systems and living conditions that’s are not very good.

Not that this should be taken lightly, but remember SARS, or Swine Flu?

·
Registered
9,004 Posts
It seems like a lot of hype and fear mongering. Those countries where the cases are the highest, tend to have healthcare systems and living conditions that’s are not very good.

remember EBOLA..it was hot in the news for weeks and then overnight it wasnt......the more this corona virus goes, it seems more of a political play than a healthcare one...

·
Super Moderator
7,494 Posts
Honestly I’m not concerned about it. If it was the new Black Death, there would be far more bodies stacked up in the streets by now. But seriously, like SRDH said.... the conspiracies.

Hong Kong was protesting and I was thinking it was close to civil war, or a massacre. I really haven’t paid attention to where in China it started or how close to Hong Kong. Kinda obvious, if I were an evil dictator and some of my slaves started acting up, I’d just wipe them out. In reality if China performed a mass murder the world would react. Release a virus, not me, that was Mother Nature!

Another thought is impeachment failed, they can’t make Trump look bad no matter what. So the Dems collude with China to release a “plague” with the promise of removing Trump’s tariffs. Election and Hong Kong, two birds, one stone. Now hype this new flu to the point that it’s more deadly than the bird flu or swine flu.

I’m not saying that it’s not a danger, but I don’t think it’s as bad as it’s made out to be. Death vs recovery tells the tail.

Also trying to keep this out of P&R....

You may want to read up on Mao Zedong.

·
Registered
791 Posts

remember EBOLA..it was hot in the news for weeks and then overnight it wasnt......the more this corona virus goes, it seems more of a political play than a healthcare one...
That too..

·
Registered
9,004 Posts
hey not for nothing and put away the goodytoo shoe pants....its not a bad idea from a pure survival point of view..create a virus that takes out the old and sick in a country..just imagine from a financial point not an emotional point..how much money a country could save if all the old and sick died off?? trillions in this country alone...so im sure china and many countries kill off the useless people to save money, many countries kill any children that are retarded or sick because they are a burden on the system....nature does it all the time with animals in the wild..and guess what we are animals..and we are living in the wild of nature, yes in cities and developed areas, but its the same air we breath that is over parts of the world humans dont even go, so yes we are out in the wild, unless you have a respirator and o2 bottle to breath from..

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey not for nothing and put away the goodytoo shoe pants....its not a bad idea from a pure survival point of view..create a virus that takes out the old and sick in a country..just imagine from a financial point not an emotional point..how much money a country could save if all the old and sick died off?? trillions in this country alone...so im sure china and many countries kill off the useless people to save money, many countries kill any children that are retarded or sick because they are a burden on the system....nature does it all the time with animals in the wild..and guess what we are animals..and we are living in the wild of nature, yes in cities and developed areas, but its the same air we breath that is over parts of the world humans dont even go, so yes we are out in the wild, unless you have a respirator and o2 bottle to breath from..

I am pretty sure that their are numbers crunchers in the government who are looking at this from the way you stated.....

its pretty dark and grim but to the government number crunchers, and people in insurance companies...... it would probably save social security for another 50 years if everyone over 75 keeled over from this disease... not to mention saving billions in medicare costs over their expected life span that they would have had...... its cold and grim stuff.....

It amazes me the double standard where you can abort a live baby at birth but you cant euthanize people literally on their death beds...
I guess a baby cant vote, but I guess they still want the elderly to vote democratic......

its all about the money and politics

·
Super Moderator
7,504 Posts
Just found this...

Seven things you should know about the coronavirus, written by a registered nurse �� :
1. Coronavirus itself isn’t new. Just like influenza, coronavirus is a family of respiratory viruses, and there are multiple strains, which have the ability to change over time. Coronavirus is already common in the United States, and has been for years. I have personally cared for patients with this diagnosis.

2. Novel coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, is the strain we’re hearing about in the news. It emerged in Wuhan, China at the end of 2019.

3. Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Just like the flu and common cold, it is spread person to person via respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes.

4. According to the World Health Organization, as of February 26, there have been 2,918 confirmed cases of COVID-19 outside of China. 53 of these are in the United States. There have been 44 deaths, none in the United States. Compare this to influenza, which the CDC estimates will infect between 29,000,000 and 41,000,000 people in the United States alone during the 2019-20 season, resulting in 16,000 to 41,000 deaths.

5. “But there’s no cure!” You’re right. There’s no magic pill that cures the flu either. But there is a flu vaccine (that doesn’t cause autism) that can protect you from our most common respiratory viruses. Maybe go get one.

6. So, why are we panicking? Frankly, because the media tells us to. Manufacturing a pandemic is a great way to boost ratings, but everything science knows so far about COVID-19 has revealed it to be no more than yet another respiratory virus (and there are thousands).

7. The scariest part of COVID-19 isn’t the virus itself, it’s the resulting baseless mass paranoia. Hospitals are hoarding supplies, creating shortages of PPE necessary to protect healthcare workers and patients. Cities are refusing to house and treat sick people who have nowhere else to go. People are using the virus as an excuse for their own social prejudices.
So, what can you do? Turn off the TV and arm yourself with the facts. Stop the spread of false information.

And for Pete’s sake, wash your hands.

(Information & statistics obtained directly from the CDC & WHO)
Want to know more? Learn from the experts:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus

·
4th year apprentice
383 Posts
Just found this...

Seven things you should know about the coronavirus, written by a registered nurse �� :
1. Coronavirus itself isn’t new. Just like influenza, coronavirus is a family of respiratory viruses, and there are multiple strains, which have the ability to change over time. Coronavirus is already common in the United States, and has been for years. I have personally cared for patients with this diagnosis.

2. Novel coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, is the strain we’re hearing about in the news. It emerged in Wuhan, China at the end of 2019.

3. Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Just like the flu and common cold, it is spread person to person via respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes.

4. According to the World Health Organization, as of February 26, there have been 2,918 confirmed cases of COVID-19 outside of China. 53 of these are in the United States. There have been 44 deaths, none in the United States. Compare this to influenza, which the CDC estimates will infect between 29,000,000 and 41,000,000 people in the United States alone during the 2019-20 season, resulting in 16,000 to 41,000 deaths.

5. “But there’s no cure!” You’re right. There’s no magic pill that cures the flu either. But there is a flu vaccine (that doesn’t cause autism) that can protect you from our most common respiratory viruses. Maybe go get one.

6. So, why are we panicking? Frankly, because the media tells us to. Manufacturing a pandemic is a great way to boost ratings, but everything science knows so far about COVID-19 has revealed it to be no more than yet another respiratory virus (and there are thousands).

7. The scariest part of COVID-19 isn’t the virus itself, it’s the resulting baseless mass paranoia. Hospitals are hoarding supplies, creating shortages of PPE necessary to protect healthcare workers and patients. Cities are refusing to house and treat sick people who have nowhere else to go. People are using the virus as an excuse for their own social prejudices.
So, what can you do? Turn off the TV and arm yourself with the facts. Stop the spread of false information.

And for Pete’s sake, wash your hands.

(Information & statistics obtained directly from the CDC & WHO)
Want to know more? Learn from the experts:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
Right on!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
It's nothing more than a different kind of flu. People are just scared of the great unknown. The flu they know but this is a new thing to them so it scares them.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,494 Posts
I saw on the news some chinese restaurants are starting to get less traffic as people are afraid to get sick. They shouldn't be afraid of the virus but they should fear the dirty kitchens and poor food ethics!!

And supposedly corona beer has gone down in sales. :icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,004 Posts
1 - 20 of 1029 Posts