Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Milwaukee 2809-20 (bare tool super hawg) has some decent free tools with it, Big Hawg hole saw kit, self feed bit kit or fuel hackzall . All most my tools are Dewalt, don't have much Milaukee batteries other wise i'd get one. Looking at the Dewalt DCD460 or DCD470

·
Super Moderator
11,795 Posts
Dewalt has stepped up their game for sure. I haven’t tried their’s, but I have no doubt there’s much difference. I was skeptical about a tool that uses so much power in a cordless version, but mine does the trick very well!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dewalt has stepped up their game for sure. I haven’t tried their’s, but I have no doubt there’s much difference. I was skeptical about a tool that uses so much power in a cordless version, but mine does the trick very well!
How long have you had it? Does it murder batteries? Does it perform as a replacement to a corded superhawg or a supplement?

·
Super Moderator
11,795 Posts
How long have you had it? Does it murder batteries? Does it perform as a replacement to a corded superhawg or a supplement?
It does have a break, like if you hit a nail or something it just stops instead of slamming it into a stud or something. Nice, but I know what I’m looking for when that happens. A bit annoying. We used it exclusively on a two bath fire job, closest to new con I’ve come across and I don’t remember changing the battery.
I won it here not long after I joined. To be honest, we’ve put more hours on my master’s with no problems. In fact, the only time we used the corded dewalt was to mix cement.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’ve got the cordless Milwaukee super hog with the quick release chuck. I use it a lot on new construction, and remodels. I use the big hawg 3 tooth hole saws- 2 1/8”, 2 9/16” & 3 5/8”. I have many 5 amp hour batteries, and 1- 8 amp hour. The tool is a beast. It has a clutch for when the bit hits nails, it won’t blow the gear out. It is awesome not having to pull an extension cord around the job all the time.

If drilling through nominal lumber, it’ll use up some battery, But if you have a few batteries, no problem. I also have the rapid charger that will charge 3 M18’s at the same time, and quick.

This drill is one of the most worthwhile purchase I have made

·
Banned
1 Posts
I use an angle drill from Milwaukee, and it's definitely a high-quality angle drill. If you are a contractor, it is very important for you to anticipate the narrowest jobs. The ball-bearing design of the tool makes it ideal for work requiring high torque. You will do yourself a huge favor by purchasing this beautifully designed nozzle for drilling at right angles.

·
Super Moderator
11,795 Posts
I use an angle drill from Milwaukee, and it's definitely a high-quality angle drill. If you are a contractor, it is very important for you to anticipate the narrowest jobs. The ball-bearing design of the tool makes it ideal for work requiring high torque. You will do yourself a huge favor by purchasing this beautifully designed nozzle for drilling at right angles.
Worst non intro ever! Did you not read the forum rules? My guess is you didn’t. 24 hours to comply.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anyone have a Cordless Hole Hawg/Angle Drill/Stud & Joist Drill? How has it held up, what brand models?
Get the Milwaukee Super Hog and get it with the quick lock instead of the chuck. Then get a 6" and 12" extension and you can quickly swap extensions etc... I use the saber tooth bits. Works great and you get lots of life per battery.

So basically what LeesPlumbing said exactly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts