Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dang, should have cashed in my scrape long ago, I do hope the markets to come back soon, don't want to cash in at the lower prices.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Our high was just shy of $4 for number one. I cashed in everything I had when it hit $3. I don't get much metal but I'll be holding onto whatever I do get until times are better.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
I'm still sitting on 3500 lbs. of #1. Didn't have time to haul it when it was $3.40:cry:

Oh well, just another chapter in a ****ty last 6 weeks. But hey, at least I'm getting some work done on the new shop.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
I'm still sitting on 3500 lbs. of #1. Didn't have time to haul it when it was $3.40:cry:

Oh well, just another chapter in a ****ty last 6 weeks. But hey, at least I'm getting some work done on the new shop.

Damn I hope you have pit bulls and loaded guns, possibly razor wire at your shop. 3 months ago that was a whole lot of money. :eek:

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
That stuff is stored in a 125 year old barn. It's our catch all building where evrything goes that never gets used much. Not too 21st century. Theft has never been a problem in these parts. Yet.... I think it's more secure than my new buildings. They are roofed and sided with corrugated aluminum. I'm pretty sure I could kick through with my steel toe.

Filled my truck up today for $105.00 as opposed to $160.00. Woo Hoo!

·
Muck me?
700 Posts
I went down to the scrap yard last week with a transfer case off my truck and got $2.57. It weighed 77lbs, atleast I didnt have to pay to get rid of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts