Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed here lately that it seems to be real hard to get a fitting to fit the pipe. I have to tap it several times to make it go on. This is especially with the type"L" coper pipe.

Anyone else see this going on?

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Yes it has happened to me also, irritates the hell out of me, I'm glad that I don't do too much copper anymore on account of this.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Sometimes when the cutter wheel gets dull it leaves and small raised edge on the end of the pipe. It is fairly easy to see after sanding the pipe (which is a must:laughing:).

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Sometimes when the cutter wheel gets dull it leaves and small raised edge on the end of the pipe. It is fairly easy to see after sanding the pipe (which is a must:laughing:).
Yes I can see this being the case, dang I guess we really need to change the cutter wheels once every 4 years. :laughing:

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
i was thinking the same thing today (with a new wheel). very tight
Another possible cause for the raised ridge is tightening the cutter too quickly. It kinda plows

·
Registered
14 Posts
Use the small pocket-knife-like blade on the cutter to ream the Outside of the pipe. Works every time. The problem shows up only when you put excess force into cutting the pipe (i.e. when trying to cut it quicker).

·
Registered
265 Posts
We had some tubing come out to Great Britain that was out of tolerace and it gave us a fight at every fitting connection. The next order of tubing came from Cerro (I think) and it was perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts