Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a basement bathroom with a toilet and sink vented together. (I don't see how the shower is vented, just the drain going into the slab). The 2 inch toilet/sink vent runs up through the 1st, 2nd floors, attic and roof. I would like to remove part of the wall on the first floor where the vent is located to recess the fridge. It looks to be pretty difficult to move that vent with 90's around that opening. Could I cut the vent close to the basement ceiling and run it horizontally 10 ft to tie it to another 2 inch vent that comes from a water heater overflow drain? This drain comes up out of the slab - looks like a vent but has p-trap on it with a 2 in pipe that the water heater overflow and dehumidifier drop into. Would cutting the vent and putting an aav on it suffice? Any suggestions would be greately appreciated!

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow - I was trying to be descriptive as possible. Basically wanted to know if you can connect one vent stack to another and basically leave one working stack going through the roof. Sorry to waste your time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.