Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior Moment
1,904 Posts
What did you use to repair those splits? And where do I get one of those bongs in your avatar :laughing:.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Braze them up. We're using sil fos 15 right now, works real well.

Bong? What's a bong?:whistling2::laughing: That's a 3 outlet pyrex tokemaster:thumbsup:

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Why are you brazing that old coil? it looks like it's on it's last leg if it's got that many pin holes. How did you end up with that split? Is it a hydronic coil that froze?

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why are you brazing that old coil? it looks like it's on it's last leg if it's got that many pin holes. How did you end up with that split? Is it a hydronic coil that froze?
Those are 2 different coils. One is hwh, and the other is chilled water. Those aren't pinholes, all the repairs were splits due to freezing. We fix them because we can, and it's easy. One froze cause a damper stuck open, and the other was cause we lost steam.

·
Registered
843 Posts
When I first came to Idaho, I worked for a state hospital here. We were always repairing coils. Lots of heating and cooling units to take care of, including high pressure steam.

·
Registered
1 Posts
what are these coils from ? one looks like a radiator of some sort and i cant make out the other one both look like they needed a bit of attention

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what are these coils from ? one looks like a radiator of some sort and i cant make out the other one both look like they needed a bit of attention
See post #8
What plumbing code are you under?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts