Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts
I use a painters putty knife, scraper, and use whatever brand of disposable hand wipes I have on the truck. I have discovered the ones from Fastenal are the best, the Blue Monster with citrus are good. They clean wax and even dried silicon caulk off
fixtures, floors, tops whatever.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I use a 4" putty knife to clean old wax off closet flanges and always clean that in their sink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use a skinny putty knife for the wax and give it a quick wipe, then back into the center of the tool bag. It is quite important not to fully wipe the wax off, the residual wax accumulation keeps said putty knife rust-free.

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,378 Posts
I use a painters putty knife, scraper, and use whatever brand of disposable hand wipes I have on the truck. I have discovered the ones from Fastenal are the best, the Blue Monster with citrus are good. They clean wax and even dried silicon caulk off
fixtures, floors, tops whatever.

That reminds me... I installed a toilet yesterday ....I took the old one out and got my hands stained with the blue pellet stuff they put inside the tank... That blue dye almost never comes off... then the next customer sees my right hand is blue and wonders what happened to me...

I should have worn gloves .... the only thing I know that will cut that blue bowl stuff is gasoline...

but on funny a side note... I took the old toilet back to our shop... I got a rag and pulled out that nasty gooey blue puck and smeared the inside lip of our dumpster with it.. from one end to the other.... then pitched the pot in the dumpster.....

Then I baited the trap with a few small foot long scraps of copper thrown strategically way back in the dumpster on top the trash :laughing::laughing:

I got a couple of peskey winos around here that just wont take the hint to go away.

I will probably see them walking down the street in a few days with blue hands...blue stained up jeans, and some on their faces..

just spreading the love.........:laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
546 Posts
That reminds me... I installed a toilet yesterday ....I took the old one out and got my hands stained with the blue pellet stuff they put inside the tank... That blue dye almost never comes off... then the next customer sees my right hand is blue and wonders what happened to me...

I should have worn gloves .... the only thing I know that will cut that blue bowl stuff is gasoline...

but on funny a side note... I took the old toilet back to our shop... I got a rag and pulled out that nasty gooey blue puck and smeared the inside lip of our dumpster with it.. from one end to the other.... then pitched the pot in the dumpster.....

Then I baited the trap with a few small foot long scraps of copper thrown strategically way back in the dumpster on top the trash :laughing::laughing:

I got a couple of peskey winos around here that just wont take the hint to go away.

I will probably see them walking down the street in a few days with blue hands...blue stained up jeans, and some on their faces..

just spreading the love.........:laughing::laughing:
Have you spotted any blue people yet?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

21 - 27 of 27 Posts