Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
Never used that one but then again there is no such thing as a water heater stand here. Now if you can tell me how to get them up and down the basement stairs without breaking my back I'm all ears!

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Looks like a good deal to me. The ones I've used are the ol velcro ones, takes a bit to get centered and cinched but works okay.

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
Has anyone personally used this for lifting water heaters? Seems like a good idea . . .

http://www.azliftingsolutions.com/

I can bear hug a 40 gal double insulated. I figure I got about 4 or 5 more years of being able to do that, than I plan on blowing out my back...maybe a knee while I'm at it, than will fork up the 70 bucks for that contraption!!

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
I can bear hug a 40 gal double insulated. I figure I got about 4 or 5 more years of being able to do that, than I plan on blowing out my back...maybe a knee while I'm at it, than will fork up the 70 bucks for that contraption!!
Nah, you got 30 years before that happens, if at all.

But, 4 times a week, I do deadlifts with 100lb dumbbells: 3 sets of 12. Been doing that since I was 18. I got a strong back.

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
But, 4 times a week, I do deadlifts with 100lb dumbbells: 3 sets of 12. Been doing that since I was 18. I got a strong back.
Or one that is worn out and you just don't know it yet.
Back problems are usually a cummilative effect of years of abuse...:eek:

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Or one that is worn out and you just don't know it yet.
Back problems are usually a cummilative effect of years of abuse...:eek:
This is from a man whose baby picture is him puffing a cancer stick.

In all these years, I missed one day because of back pain in my very first year. The spine will wear out quicker from sitting in front of a pc all day.

Of course, now that you mentioned it, my back is spassing. Gotta get to the gym...:laughing:

Reactions: Cal

·
Registered
305 Posts
Maybe you should sell them a tankless instead.:laughing:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
i just use one of these. i can dead lift commercial boilers all day.

plus i can just force lenghts of cable down drains without needing a power snake. i don't need to rent backhoes anymore. it's the greatest tool on my van. :thumbup:

paul

·
WILLPLUMB4$
584 Posts
i just use one of these. i can dead lift commercial boilers all day.

plus i can just force lenghts of cable down drains without needing a power snake. i don't need to rent backhoes anymore. it's the greatest tool on my van. :thumbup:

paul
AWSOME MAN LOL, can you make payments on this badboy? Saw this on future weapons I think, they just need to make sure it has room for my belly.:laughing:

·
Former Moderator
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's less than $100.00 - I'm going to order one. I'll let you know what the guys think after using it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Our shop has one, doesn't get that much use. I'll say it's useful for one person up to a 50 gallon tank. A thick leather belt is cheaper.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm not a big guy, but I can bear hug a 50 gal and get it on a stand. But I have to use a rag or something that I can grab with both hands (my arms won't go all the way around). Without the rag or belt I can barely pick one up. It really helps alot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts