Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an abundance of chlorine tabs to clean the toilets, however I learned years ago they destroy the flapper and other rubber parts in the toilet. I don't know of another use for these so trying to figure out how I can still use them, came up with the ideas idea to break them in half and place them in the actual toilet bowl where the the water passes around and out the rim of the bowl. I don't think water stays under the flapper so the flapper would not be exposed to chlorine, upon flushing I would assume the outgoing pressure would keep any of the chlorine from backwashing in to the water reserve or on the flapper itself. I'm also not aware of anything other than ceramic in this part of the toilet.

Would this work or does anyone have another idea?

· Registered
3,976 Posts
I have an abundance of chlorine tabs to clean the toilets, however I learned years ago they destroy the flapper and other rubber parts in the toilet. I don't know of another use for these so trying to figure out how I can still use them, came up with the ideas idea to break them in half and place them in the actual toilet bowl where the the water passes around and out the rim of the bowl. I don't think water stays under the flapper so the flapper would not be exposed to chlorine, upon flushing I would assume the outgoing pressure would keep any of the chlorine from backwashing in to the water reserve or on the flapper itself. I'm also not aware of anything other than ceramic in this part of the toilet.

Would this work or does anyone have another idea?
Great idea, you must be an engineer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts