Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are alot of drain cleaning chemicals on the market and I for one will not use them whatsoever. But some people do. Mainly ho because they want to try and unstop it before they call. Love it when they say oh by the way I poured thrift or rescue drain down the line while you have half your cable stuffed down it. I know clobber is not sold to hos or random people off the streets. Our suppliers only sell to lisenced contractors. Buddy of mine burned half his face off because no one informed him that they had poured rescue drain down the line earlier that day and he was about to pour some drain cleaner they made at the hospital where he works down the line. Blew 80ft of cast apart under slap and a man hole cover off 100ft away in the road. A small bomb.....

But anyhow was just wondering yalls thoughts on it.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
I use Clobber. Like many other places here you need to be licensed to buy it and sign a waiver. I love it when they say nothing at all and when you break open a line in the crawspace with nowhere to run out comes this caustic acid that lands on your chest and burns the hairs right off! had it happen a couple of times and made for the garden hose.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
You can usually tell when a HO used Drano, it has the slim feel to it, and burns like hell on a cut or wound.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
The smell, sludge, and burns of Drano or any other "drain opener" :rolleyes:

Hate them! hate them! I use clobber to clean out a urinal trap of those piss crystals, thats about it.

Bleach and boiling water as a preventative maint thing.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Calci solv and clobber are both good products,I carry a gallon with me for urinals and toilets,though I haven't used it in over a year.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ole piss crystals:thumbup: When I was coming up in the trade an older plumber that has been active for over 30 years pulled a urinal off the wall because it was stopped up.... and proceded to hammer the calicum deposits out with a screw driver. He looked up and said "Mommy said there would be days like this" he had it all in his face, ears, and hair! :eek:It was quite hilarious

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I sell and use Bio-Clean for some REALLY GREAT maintenance !!

It's on the Randal Hilton site or Goggle it . This stuff is very good !

Now it won't blow open a drain , however with proper use ,have seen it basically eliminate most things out of drains . Use it on my own (45 year) old house and it has worked WELL !

Good profit from the sale to customers also . Give it a try ! Totally environmentally safe !

Cal

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
I used a different product as a Franchise but I now use Bio-Clean and of this week I have sold 8. I have talk to alot of people and seen the results with Bio-Clean and I really it. I love the reminder magnet and so does the hos, they tell me "now I won't forget".

I do keep a caustic on the truck, it will last about a year+. Use it depending on situation. It hardly gets used. So I should get rid of it.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
No, it was a liquid made by bio one technologies. It had a pretty blue color to it:laughing:

In Christ,

Song Dog

1 - 13 of 13 Posts