Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only worked new construction for the most part. I would like to be one man service van eventually. What happens if you don't solve the customers plumbing problem? It seems to me it would not be fair to the customer to be charged so much for someone with little experience in finding the source of very odd problems that are hard to figure out.
At the same time it seems like why not just stick to jobs like new installations, swap outs, or more straight forward repairs etc. You as the plumber are spending the same amount of time either way. You can give the customer a realistic estimate of the price and guarantee you will get the job done.
Thanks

·
Registered
10,063 Posts
I've only worked new construction for the most part. I would like to be one man service van eventually. What happens if you don't solve the customers plumbing problem? It seems to me it would not be fair to the customer to be charged so much for someone with little experience in finding the source of very odd problems that are hard to figure out.
At the same time it seems like why not just stick to jobs like new installations, swap outs, or more straight forward repairs etc. You as the plumber are spending the same amount of time either way. You can give the customer a realistic estimate of the price and guarantee you will get the job done.
Thanks
post a proper intro or you wont get any info, heres the link... GUIDELINES TO POST AN INTRODUCTION

1 - 2 of 2 Posts