Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Does anyone ever have anything nice to say when someone posts pics of their work? All the unjustified negativity gets old pretty quick. The pvc looks fine and I'm sure he used glue.

Sent from my iPhone using PlumbingZone

·
I Married Up
16,841 Posts
I like seeing the lettering line up. :yes:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Does anyone ever have anything nice to say when someone posts pics of their work? All the unjustified negativity gets old pretty quick. The pvc looks fine and I'm sure he used glue.

Sent from my iPhone using PlumbingZone

Omg - no purple primer spread from one joint to the next ....,,, your done!!!! At least you posted your pics in the right section

Reactions: budders

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. Just a small job that took a while because I had to chip out the cast tee out of concrete and then grind the tee out of the hub. I'm surprised no one commented on my pvc to cast transition. I figured that would be controversial around here

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,891 Posts
your work looks fine to me....

I would rather see purple primer slapped all over the place.......

Actually your transition fitting looks too good...

you should have used a 5x3 fernco fittting clamped over the cast hub...:laughing:.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
honestly, it looks like my work. if that pic was in my phone and i looked at it in 4 months, i would say i dont remember where i did that but it looks good and i must have gotten paid for it.:thumbup:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Chandog said:
Thanks. Just a small job that took a while because I had to chip out the cast tee out of concrete and then grind the tee out of the hub. I'm surprised no one commented on my pvc to cast transition. I figured that would be controversial around here
I was going to ask if you poured a lead joint for that? Is that what you did? Looks good.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was going to ask if you poured a lead joint for that? Is that what you did? Looks good.

No, I did not pour led. I probably should have as I'm not sure this is code. I used a push gasket with a soil pipe adapter. It's a tight joint and it wont leak. However from my understanding, the rubber gasket is designed to fit the 4" pipe directly. I use a soil pipe adapter because I have a real hard time inserting 4" PVC into those gaskets.

·
Super Moderator
9,760 Posts
I did recently repair drain and water main line in Surrey, Bc. Link removed.
View attachment 130555 View attachment 130556 View attachment 130557

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I did recently repair drain and water main line in Surrey, Bc. Link removed.
View attachment 130555 View attachment 130556 View attachment 130557
So you're the person in those hack stock pics, mystery finally solved! Why do you have a 4" spread faucet for a single hole kitchen sink? And why the hell are you using pipe wrenches on tubular joints? At least on the chrome metal ones use something without toothed jaws. And what are you planning with that 3/4" gate valve under the sink?

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
So you're the person in those hack stock pics, mystery finally solved! Why do you have a 4" spread faucet for a single hole kitchen sink? And why the hell are you using pipe wrenches on tubular joints? At least on the chrome metal ones use something without toothed jaws. And what are you planning with that 3/4" gate valve under the sink?
I want to know what's up with those male x female washer hoses.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts