Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I"m curious if any of you guys use carts - say 2 or 3 levels - around 24" wide by 40-50" long - nothing fancy, but something fairly durable, on casters to put fittings on in an organized fashion and wheel around to different areas on the job site? I Priced out some nice Rubber maid ones that were priced, a bit on the high side when you consider they are just plastic and wheels - about $800 each!!!

I've heard some of the basic metal ones run in the $300-400 range. What do you use/own and what did it cost/where did you get it?

What about something like this - would you think this might be heavy duty enough? http://www.instawares.com/gray-heavy-duty-service.4520-88gy.0.7.htm

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another option is that Milwaukee makes a hell of a cart called the Trade Titan. You can get it with an optional Chain Vise and Acetylene B-tank and Fire Extinguisher holder and it's in the $600-700-800 range that I recall pricing last year out of curiousity.

I've used these carts before at my last company and they are definately one hell of a tool. But I never asked where they got them. But they are a tool that is often taken for granted that's for sure.

·
every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts
On certain jobs, for certain GC's and customers. We can't have anything on the floor. The best way to rough plumbing walls without tools and pipe/fittings all over the place, carts are a must have. I really like when I go to schools for service calls, the custodians give me carts to use, so I don't leave stuff on the floor. I have a 2 wheel dolly with pneumatic tires that really helps out, not just on w.h.'s but for my 45# tool bag as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts