Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My bathtub drain needs to be replaced again. The cross in the bottom wore out again and the pop up stopper has nothing to connect to. I've done this four or five times before. This last time though, no go. I've tried at least a dozen times. I get a slow drip out of the bottom of the tub no matter what and I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong this time. We've been unable to use the bathtub for about a month now. Any suggestions, common dumb mistakes, things to double check?

Thanks.

· Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s probably the tub that needs to be replaced not the drain. Have you tried putting a bucket under the drain? If it’s a slow leak you’ll only have to empty the bucket once a week
Anything I could look for to know it's the tub instead of just the drain? I do actually have a small plastic tub under there because it keeps leaking when I replace the drain, but I think if I was in there must more than about fifteen minutes the tub would start to fill up pretty good. And right now, that little plastic tub is sitting on duct work, so I don't want to create two problems. :)

· Registered
Plumbing
2,433 Posts
Anything I could look for to know it's the tub instead of just the drain? I do actually have a small plastic tub under there because it keeps leaking when I replace the drain, but I think if I was in there must more than about fifteen minutes the tub would start to fill up pretty good. And right now, that little plastic tub is sitting on duct work, so I don't want to create two problems. :)
Install a larger plastic tub under there and install a drain to the outside. When it fills up it’ll drain outside so you don’t have to empty it. Work smarter not harder

1 - 19 of 19 Posts