Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
per hour, what is a range for startout apprentices in ontario, canada.. and when i eventually get plumber trade certified what can i expect to make per hour?

·
Registered
146 Posts
that pretty much bang on. 10 - 12 to start to see if your worth ****. Then it goes up from there untill you reach 28-36. Good luck getting in the trade right now as quite a few guys are sitting at home.

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
.... Good luck getting in the trade right now as quite a few guys are sitting at home.
Yeah, I was thinking that if you have a job, keep it. Wait until there's work, then switch careers. Or not. Plumbing isn't for everyone at the best of times.

Very few of us switch careers because it takes decades to get good at it and by then, we're too old and ugly to do anything else.

Reactions: plumb4fun

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking that if you have a job, keep it. Wait until there's work, then switch careers. Or not. Plumbing isn't for everyone at the best of times.

Very few of us switch careers because it takes decades to get good at it and by then, we're too old and ugly to do anything else.
You could end up looking like one of us!

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
oh man---I'm gonna have nightmares over that :laughing:

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

yeh, well im hoping to start my own business, work for myself, would be nice

and thanks everyone for lettin me know the pay :) i expect to start out 11-13 cdn.. which im fine with, as long as it eventually raises and i learn many things

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
yeh, well im hoping to start my own business, work for myself, would be nice

and thanks everyone for lettin me know the pay :) i expect to start out 11-13 cdn.. which im fine with, as long as it eventually raises and i learn many things

I would be just a little bit more worried about finding a job as an apprentice before even dreaming about starting your own business.:eek:
Best of luck to you, hope it works out.

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would be just a little bit more worried about finding a job as an apprentice before even dreaming about starting your own business.:eek:
Best of luck to you, hope it works out.
well hopefully wont be too hard to find a job, looking forward to it though

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
well hopefully wont be too hard to find a job, looking forward to it though
I hope you do too but this site is for professional plumbers only. Since you don't work in the PLUMBING PROFESSION you might want to check out the other message boards, you might be able to get the info you're looking for there, good luck.:yes:

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope you do too but this site is for professional plumbers only. Since you don't work in the PLUMBING PROFESSION you might want to check out the other message boards, you might be able to get the info you're looking for there, good luck.:yes:
plumber snobism? whod have thunk it..

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Hardly sobism son, you're not a plumber and you never will be. Time for you to move on. bye! :whistling2:
heh---can you imagine this duckky guy at a job site? Or riding along with me for 12 hours a day?

Reactions: user823

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
i already work 12 hours a day in continental shifts, so i dunno what all the mindless conclusion jumping is about
and this is how you choose to spend you free time after working 12 hours a day?

Do you realize that many of us work 12+ hours a day AS WELL but WE:

PROTECT THE HEALTH OF THE NATION

SHOW US SOME DAM RESPECT SON!

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and this is how you choose to spend you free time after working 12 hours a day?

Do you realize that many of us work 12+ hours a day AS WELL but WE:

PROTECT THE HEALTH OF THE NATION

SHOW US SOME DAM RESPECT SON!
randomly saying i disrespect anyone that isnt trolling me is totally false.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts