Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a shower stall to my basement 1/2 bath. It has a toilet and sink. Please see diagram under attachment. It contains a picture of my sink drain. The Shower would go about 5 ft from this drain on the left hand side. Would a wet vent be suffice or do I have to vent the shower stall out. Can this be done with hard work but no working complications. Thanks for allowing me to be on the forum. Any info is greatly appreciated. I'm in Canada. The coding maybe alittle different than the states.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Thanks for posting on PlumbingZone.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

PlumbingZone.com is designed for professional plumbers to discuss issues and topics related to their profession. Many of our plumbers are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Seen member register then post via who's online, nailed it right after I seen subject. We mean what we say on here, this is not for DIY'er.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Nathan banned him

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Since the ban was set I'll open this up so anyone can add to this.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
When I first seen the picture, did not look at it long and thought i was looking up at the ceiling. Weird

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Who, :whistling2: we never do that on here, if we give advice it is always the wrong way, look at our record.

·
new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
Check out the crayon art on the drywall. Seems it already says " no ". :bangin:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Come on guys, help the poor fellow out.
First you are going to need some material. I'll give you a list below. Everything can be obtained at Home Depot.
-Pre-made Glacier Bay shower stall
-PVC shower drain
-PVC fittings to adapt from the drain two 3/4" pipe thread
-3/4 boiler drain
-Garden hose
-Pressure treated 4x4s
-Lots of silicon and construction adhesive

Now with all your material handy cut some 4x4s to fit under the shower pan. You will have to put the shower pan up on them to get the proper pitch to your drain. You can glue this mess in place with construction adhesive.

Once that is set install your shower drain and the PVC fittings to get to the 3/4 pipe thread. Once you get that set up install the boiler drain into the PVC.

Now remove the cap from the clean out and run the garden hose from the boiler drain into the clean out. Make certain to make a trap with the garden hose. No simply insert the hose into the clean out as far as you can get it and close up the rest of the hole with silicon.

Slap some tile around the shower base, maybe make a nice step and you're done.

·
Muck me?
700 Posts
Come on guys, help the poor fellow out.
First you are going to need some material. I'll give you a list below. Everything can be obtained at Home Depot.
-Pre-made Glacier Bay shower stall
-PVC shower drain
-PVC fittings to adapt from the drain two 3/4" pipe thread
-3/4 boiler drain
-Garden hose
-Pressure treated 4x4s
-Lots of silicon and construction adhesive

Now with all your material handy cut some 4x4s to fit under the shower pan. You will have to put the shower pan up on them to get the proper pitch to your drain. You can glue this mess in place with construction adhesive.

Once that is set install your shower drain and the PVC fittings to get to the 3/4 pipe thread. Once you get that set up install the boiler drain into the PVC.

Now remove the cap from the clean out and run the garden hose from the boiler drain into the clean out. Make certain to make a trap with the garden hose. No simply insert the hose into the clean out as far as you can get it and close up the rest of the hole with silicon.

Slap some tile around the shower base, maybe make a nice step and you're done.
Last step take pictures to show all your new friends at pz :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.