Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what the problem is here, these are all the details I have. Sorry for the caps...

"EMERGENCY! I'M DESPERATED! I HAVE A HOTEL AND SINCE I INSTALLED A NEW WATER HEATER I'M HAVING HOT WATER ISSUES.. THIS IS THE PROBLEM: IT HAPPENS ONLY IN 12 ROOMS OUT OF 70, THE WATER TEMPERATURE FLUCTUATES FROM COLD TO HOT!!!.. 6 PLUMBERS HAD COME AND DONE EVERYTHING THEY KNOW AND THE PROBLEM PERSISTS. WE HAVE REPLACED THE SHOWER VALVES, INSTALLED CHECK VALVES, EVERYTHING THAT I CAN DO... IT'S DONE, PLEASE HELP US!! ... WE DID NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH THE OLD WATER HEATER, THIS HAPPENED AFTER THE INSTALLATION"

·
Registered
567 Posts
Reactions: WestCoastPlumber

·
Registered
51 Posts
If they are single handle moen shower valves try replacing them. I get alot of calls about shower temps after a H.O. changes there own water heater, then i ask them about the water at the sinks and its fine, so ahhhhhhh, it must be the shower valve.

good luck

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
did you bleed the air out of the circ pump at the boiler drain? I always do this!

Also, another thing i have seen in commercial is the chemical dispensing units fail, make sure the handles are off, that is a straight cross connection.

It is a tank type water heater? same btu's and gallons as the old water heaters?

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
I posted once about a pre wash sink where they actually left the faucets hot and cold on all the time, and had a hose attatched to the spout with a trigger sprayer on it, which caused hot water to go to the urinals and ice maker.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
I posted once about a pre wash sink where they actually left the faucets hot and cold on all the time, and had a hose attatched to the spout with a trigger sprayer on it, which caused hot water to go to the urinals and ice maker.
had that same problem at a wal mart that some real drunk asses plumbed here in tally. Had to install check valves everywhere.

·
J. McCabe Plumbing Inc.
409 Posts
I say it's air in the re-circ piping. I've come across this many times. sometimes clearing the air is difficult and means running the hot water at each fixture several minutes.

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
6 plumbers before hand? I don't know...bleeding a system seems pretty basic. The keys are the 12 rooms and nothing else. A bad shower cartridge typically craps out and the water is tempered that bleeds over. But there is no for sure way a cartridge fails so, it's hard to tell. Shut down the recirc system...ball valve should already be on it. Eliminate the recirc than test. Air in a riser can cause issues like this.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I agree with hot water return. make sure there's no problem with check valve on return, bad check could allow cold water to short cycle back through return.

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
"EMERGENCY! I'M DESPERATED! I HAVE A HOTEL AND SINCE I INSTALLED A NEW WATER HEATER...
He, the gentleman from Pakistan, installed it? What type, how many btu, gallons, etc.

A water heater for 70 rooms? C'mon....a tankless or a boiler, maybe.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Does anybody know what the problem is here, these are all the details I have. Sorry for the caps...

"EMERGENCY! I'M DESPERATED! I HAVE A HOTEL AND SINCE I INSTALLED A NEW WATER HEATER I'M HAVING HOT WATER ISSUES.. THIS IS THE PROBLEM: IT HAPPENS ONLY IN 12 ROOMS OUT OF 70, THE WATER TEMPERATURE FLUCTUATES FROM COLD TO HOT!!!.. 6 PLUMBERS HAD COME AND DONE EVERYTHING THEY KNOW AND THE PROBLEM PERSISTS. WE HAVE REPLACED THE SHOWER VALVES, INSTALLED CHECK VALVES, EVERYTHING THAT I CAN DO... IT'S DONE, PLEASE HELP US!! ... WE DID NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH THE OLD WATER HEATER, THIS HAPPENED AFTER THE INSTALLATION"
It this something you really did or is this something someone else did, reason I ask is why all caps, surly you cut and pasted it as is.

·
Registered
114 Posts
DID YOU INSTALL THE CIRC PUMP BACKWARDS? I feel like i"m typing to a deaf Patel. Talk louder he doen't speak english.:laughing:

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
Whoa, dudes. I know all about the patels. They are all over FL here.
Here every fleabag no-tell motel in the state is owned by them....

Personally I stay at Marriott owned hotels...:laughing:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts