Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Former Moderator
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you wear the white button down shirts? I see ARS and other franchises showing plumbers in these white shirts. Is this just for show in their advertisements or do you wear white shirts?

If you do, how do you keep looking clean? Lots of shirt changes? The plumbers look great, but how does it work in the field?

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
Do any of you wear the white button down shirts? I see ARS and other franchises showing plumbers in these white shirts. Is this just for show in their advertisements or do you wear white shirts?

If you do, how do you keep looking clean? Lots of shirt changes? The plumbers look great, but how does it work in the field?
A good friend of mine, and former employer, supplies his guys with charcoal Carhartt canvas shirts, and pays to have them embroidered with the company name and logo above one pocket and the employee's name over the other pocket. The embroidery adds a touch of class that a patch can't come close to.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
NO WAY WHITE !!! Only if I was selling ice cream .

Royal Blue or charcoal grey

Cal

·
Former Moderator
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Navy blue pants, glue looks real sweet! The shirts are a lighter blue, but together I keep thinking auto mechanic.

I really like the white shirts and am trying to figure out how to make it work. We had t-shirts in the past for dirty jobs, but don't want to do too many shirt changes.

I guess plumber bibs don't exist? I'm envisioning something that has long sleeves and a front, but no back. Similar to smocks, perhaps with a vinyl backing to protect the uniform.

Or am I just a dreamer :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
I've always wore the Ben Davis shirts, the black striped one on the left. We also have the company name above the pocket. They are the toughest shirts I've ever wore, last forever.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Black t-shirts

Black shorts or sweatpants

Dare, to be different.

Seeing me in anything else would be sinful.

I'll never wear white. Works for some but when you're fat, unattractive and doesn't shower regularly, you just lose those invisible customers to the neat freaks and move on with it.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
i used to work for that company named after that guy that flew that kite...

:furious::censored::furious:

yeah, back on topic. we had white, button down, long sleave shirts. they had a service that "cleaned" them for us every week. they look good first thing in the morning if they don't have any stains that are set in. they won't show it in the tv ads but if i were doing something dirty i'd just take it off and work in a plain t-shirt. not a wife beater or some other companies shirt but just a regular t-shirt. :) now that i'm on my own i wear blue and grey 2 tone dickies button down short sleaves. summer's comming and i think i'm going to get some t's made for the hotter days.

paul

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
White shirts with t-shirts. Its that blend of fabric that doesn't stain easy. Hemp/polyester? Sumting like that.

I like the white shirts, booties, gloves, carpets, the whole 9 yards. I'm convinced it makes a difference in the invoice total. Besides, I'd want a service man looking all neat and clean coming into my shack.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I'm going to answer the question and then run for cover. Yes.( I also use pex)
They look good and make a good impression when they're clean. The competion saw us with them and started copying. Its too bad because we provide a lot more than a clean image and the other guy (imho) doesn't.
Coveralls for dirty jobs at $5 a crack disposable. Anything that looks neat helps. Image is important.
Now go ahead shoot --because I need some help on an odor issue I'll start another thread on.

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
My wife keeps telling me that she wants to get white carpet in the living room and a white couch...

My reply....
Are you out of your freakin mind?:blink:

There is nothing clean about what I do!
White is the wrong color!

The fur from her black cat should look pretty good on it too!:thumbup:

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
White carpet is evil.

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
I can't find anything that fits or wears right. All uniforms are _ing Made in _ing Tibet by opiated midgets.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Im the same way. I am really picky about clothes in general. I hate t-shirts where the collar expands to 3 sizes larger when you sweat in it a little bit.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts