Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a lunch giver by AM/Std to unveil their new Duel Flush Champion 4 toilet, and got to say one thing I was impressed by it. It is only out in the elongated right now and at 12" rough but will produce the others by Jan 09. I might even want one on my house

Product Detail:

·Elongated wash down toilet
·High efficiency, low consumptionFull Flush 1.6gpf/6.0Lpf Partial Flush 0.8gpf/3.0Lpf, certified in EPA Watersense Program
·12" (305mm) rough-in
·Chrome-plated top mounted push button actuator
·Concealed trapway bowl
·Sanitary trapway bowl
·Fully glazed 2-5/8" trapway
·Internal Trapway area fully glazed
·100% factory flush tested
·2 color-matched bolt caps
·Includes color-matched solid plastic seat & cover
·2 year warranty Nominal Dimensions: Length x Width x Height 31-1/4" x 17" x 30-1/8" (794 x 432 x 765mm)

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Hows the flush on this thing? last I heard some consumer report rated American Standard low on the scale of preferred toilets. Is this something they came up with to get back on top?

·
Banned
913 Posts
Our supply house has this in the men's room. They just had their "Grand Opening" after a major renovation. The flush is good. YES, I went in.

Their ladies room features the Toto Washlet. $1500.00 and looked cheap. I did not try it out.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's all new. I seen the demo, and there is a promotion there doing, if you gat a callback on one that you installed, they will give you $100.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's basically a St. Thomas Creations low end toilet from Europe re-labeled with the A/S name brand.
Maybe so, but it did and nice job on the flush, clearly washed the sides of the bowl with no problems.

·
Banned
913 Posts
Curious - How do you know? We are in the process of putting together a 'Green' newsletter and wanted to feature the dual flush wc as an option to save water.

Also, I was under the impression the Champion 4 and Dual Flush were two different toilets that A/S offers.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I might be wrong here, maybe it's the Cadet 4 that is the duel flush, not the champion

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
Maybe so, but it did and nice job on the flush, clearly washed the sides of the bowl with no problems.
My post was in no way meant to critique the quality or usability of the fixture, I was merely pointing out that they are using the designs from Europe in this county, A/S owns St. Thomas Creations. Dual flush toilets have been the norm in Europe for over a decade.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I stand corrected it is the Cadet 4

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My post was in no way meant to critique the quality or usability of the fixture, I was merely pointing out that they are using the designs from Europe in this county, A/S owns St. Thomas Creations. Dual flush toilets have been the norm in Europe for over a decade.
Never thought you was. I had no idea who you was talking about anyways, heck I thought it was a good thing who they were. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts