Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been super busy here lately, I find myself real tried by the end of the day, how is everyone else doing? Non-stop, Fair, It's ok, or slow?

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Working 2 10 hour shifts at 2 locations. Life is goooooooood:thumbup:

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
It was a little slow last week. I guess I can blame it on school starting. But wow, it turned loose.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
Customer f-ck up left me with a day off today, aside from that I'm looking good.

·
WILLPLUMB4$
584 Posts
Smaller service calls are off a bit, thankfully the bigger jobs and bids are keeping us all working. I'm afraid to get used to the 40-45hrs a week. I figure as soon as I do it will ramp back up again and then we'll be back to the grind.
Just sold a $35,000 job today we will start late next week. Should keep the crew busy for 6-7 working days.

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
I have 2 sewer replacements to do Wed-Fri of this week. Sat I have to go start a finish Sun and Monday off Tues finish the finish I started and start another one. Tuesday finish the 2nd finish. Wed go start a remodel, hopefully be done by Friday. Then th following Monday start another remodel and it will take 3 days to do no if ands or buts about it. Thursday do another finish should only takeone day. Friday start a 2nd rough in ona 2 story house about 60 miles away from home.

Plus run service calls when they come in.

I have more to do just got tired of typing! Good night everyone!

·
Chase Plumber
289 Posts
I'd like to know what's up here then. . Plumbing has been verrryyyy slow lately. . I just got done setting fixtures at a house I plumbed about a month ago. I mean, I can't rely on plumbing for a steady income. Must be the population and a large quantity of DIYs.

·
Banned
913 Posts
Very Busy and Loving It!

:yes: Things have broken loose here. Bid jobs & service calls. We attribute it to pent up activity and consumers relaxing a little now that gas is going down.

We landed three repipes (polybute) in two days. This is very unusual for us. Normally 1 -2 repipes in a six month period. Just starting plumbing a new addition and bidding on a whole house plumbing job.

Service calls have been fairly steady.

It all goes in cycyles - water heaters, garbage disposals, busted water lines, slab leaks, clogs, fixture installs, repipes, etc. If we knew when each cycle would hit, we would be wealthy.

·
Plumbing and Gas SCO
1,437 Posts
Its starting to pick up here as well. I think people are getting mre comfortable spending money again. As well, word of mouth is starting to take off for me as well. I had one big client when I started out but over time have been doing alot more work for others. Of course now that its getting really busy, the doorhangers that I spent $800 on should be here any day. Guess I will hire a kid to deliver them for me.

·
Banned
913 Posts
Its starting to pick up here as well. I think people are getting mre comfortable spending money again. As well, word of mouth is starting to take off for me as well. I had one big client when I started out but over time have been doing alot more work for others. Of course now that its getting really busy, the doorhangers that I spent $800 on should be here any day. Guess I will hire a kid to deliver them for me.
Word of mouth is priceless. A full 15% of our business is through WAM (this just represents HO's, it does not include repeat referrers ex. prop. mgmt cos., contractors). If you like, I can share ideas how to capitalize on word of mouth referrals privately. We track where all customers come from each year. In order of how customer came to us 1. Repeat, 2. Referral, 3. (Us - saw truck at neighbors, ran into plumber somewhere, neighbors, etc. 4. telephone book, 5. Referrals Property Managers, other contractors etc.

When we started, we had one account that made up 25% of our business. We have worked extremely hard to change this. If one customer makes up the majority of your business, you are beholden to that customer and they can dictate how you run your business. They have you over a barrel. We track this sort of thing and as of today, our top cutomer accounts for 6%, the next largest 3%, the next 4 companies 1.5% each. 88% of our work is individuals that would not effect the bottom line if they left.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I have 2 sewer replacements to do Wed-Fri of this week. Sat I have to go start a finish Sun and Monday off Tues finish the finish I started and start another one. Tuesday finish the 2nd finish. Wed go start a remodel, hopefully be done by Friday. Then th following Monday start another remodel and it will take 3 days to do no if ands or buts about it. Thursday do another finish should only takeone day. Friday start a 2nd rough in ona 2 story house about 60 miles away from home.

Plus run service calls when they come in.

I have more to do just got tired of typing! Good night everyone!
Easy on the Red Bull Man!:laughing:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm so busy, I'm making $300+ per day right not, average 37.50 hr, that's over 6K a month. Before taxes of course.

·
Registered
24 Posts
last two months have been busy and were starting September off with a below slab water pipe repair

·
Banned
239 Posts
6-7 days a week......starting a 15,000 sqft rough on monday no time for days off.....im also doing the radiant in the house also

1 - 20 of 20 Posts