Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Code enforcement talking with the HO. Doing major plumbing jobs without a license is a FELONY in my state. They under bidded me by $1000.00
That's ok, nipped it in the butt.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! way to go protech. Yes sir, it is a felony of the third degree. The first offense is a $2500.00 fine and a pretty little CEASE AND DESIST order.

Sometimes the inspectors are our friends.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
That's great, about time we are nailing the unlicensed hacks, here there not allowed but they have to catch them in the act to enforce the law, too bad you not on CT cause I'd say post this on there so all those that do plumbing without a license on there will see we mean business.

Reactions: Tommy plumber

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
I think other trades might be viewing us as dancing on graves when we have these discussions.

Hard 'splain to some what it's like when you can't just buy a truck, $500 in tools and get started.

Tack on 5 years for an apprenticeship, 500 hours schooling you get to pay for while earning an apprentices pay and a test that you have to pass just to earn the right to buy that truck and a heck of a lot more than $500 in tools as well as mandatory liability insurance.

Then we take the risk and dole out thousands to advertize, listen to people ask conspicuously detailed questions that are probably probing for DIY info, customers who grill you on price and then blow you off...all to discover some fella from the other side of town has been underbidding you for months without any license, insurance or legitimate overhead.

Good job Protech...YOU DA MAN!

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
wow , Nice Job man, You even got pictures of the bust.

I wish it was a felony in all states, that would probably stop a lot of these nuts and save a lot of accidents as well.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
good job. all the time it takes to get your licence and a hack takes your job. grrrrr
Exactly!
I had to go take a state exam to get mine, and pay for it, and carry workers comp and liability insurance. All that cost money, and then some hack comes along and wants to work without a license? I think not!!

·
Wrenchboy
25 Posts
Well said Grumpy,

Well said,,,

The dues we good guys had to pay,,,,

We deserve to work in a level playing field,,,

Some of these jack leg guys are literally "payin' ta work"!

My Best Regards

Dave Doyle
Monrovia,Calif

·
Banned
383 Posts
you know i hate unlicensed and unpermited work and you get an atta boy for spankin that dink. when are h/o's gonna learn pay the professional a little more up front it will save you hundreds down the road. who do you want, the guy in the clean van with the tools and credentials, or the guy in the rusted out amc pacer who asks if he can borrow your hammer. yeah they do it nice, cause they do it twice.:brows: just let us do it right the first time.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The last home owner that got busted for illegal plumbing that I did work for asked. "Well what is wrong with the plumbing that I did?" My response was "Your not a plumber". YA Ya Lame lol The guy carried on how plumbing is easy and such. Blah Blah Blah. I asked him what he did for work. "Web Designer". I then told him I build Computers as a hobby and he shut his mouth and left me to my work.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts