Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys do you put up any signs on a jobsite?
To prevent your vehicle from being towed in a condo complex ?
To advertise?
For a job you will be on for a couple of days?

I bought four sighs they are aluminum and reflective for $40 apace
Font Rectangle Signage Magenta Poster

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Hey guys do you put up any signs on a jobsite?
To prevent your vehicle from being towed in a condo complex ?
To advertise?
For a job you will be on for a couple of days?

I bought four sighs they are aluminum and reflective for $40 apace
View attachment 132678
If they're simply on your van, I don't think they'll help.

I would put them on stands and place them behind your van so it has to be moved to tow your van, better chance of someone reading it.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I try and fly below the radar so I don’t do additional signs. California law says you need to have your contractor license number on all forms of advertisements though. I don’t think they bust anyone for that unless someone complains about it.

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
Nice Head, what’s in the bag?
2,357 Posts
In Toronto the don’t give a fcuk. They will ticket and tow at your expense, signs, stickers, cones blah blah they don’t care.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I try and fly below the radar so I don’t do additional signs. California law says you need to have your contractor license number on all forms of advertisements though. I don’t think they bust anyone for that unless someone complains about it.
I get that when I worked in Los Angeles they wanted you to purchase a business license for every city your worked in. When you went to pull a permit for a job the city usually required you to get a business license. My two trucks are not marked with magnetic sighs ,wrapped, or decaled presently. Used to have magnetic signs but they wore out.

·
Super Moderator
2,228 Posts
I get that when I worked in Los Angeles they wanted you to purchase a business license for every city your worked in. When you went to pull a permit for a job the city usually required you to get a business license. My two trucks are not marked with magnetic sighs ,wrapped, or decaled presently. Used to have magnetic signs but they wore out.
Yes and extra for the Apprentice in truck, We got around that by just getting a License for one truck then that is the truck that went to that City we had a Electrical truck, 3 Plumbing trucks, and one General Construction truck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts