Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For $1459.32 I'll have 1000 of these at your doorstep completely ready to use by 8:32am next tuesday if you want to give your customers a new way to keep your business name in front of them.

I came up with this idea back in 2003, wanted to be able to put the thickest magnet out in circulation. The printing companies couldn't produce that copper metallic finish on a magnet though.

Next best trick was to do it myself and the way I put them together is shown above.

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,622 Posts
mail me your magnet

Hey mr Dunbar, mail me a coule of your magnets....

My hobby is to collect other plumbers magnets when go out on jobs and then
stick them to the inside of my plumbing truck....

got about 50 of them, and yours would look good in the back of my box van..

thanks

·
Banned
6,035 Posts
Master Mark said:
Hey mr Dunbar, mail me a coule of your magnets....

My hobby is to collect other plumbers magnets when go out on jobs and then
stick them to the inside of my plumbing truck....

got about 50 of them, and yours would look good in the back of my box van..

thanks
Very much like my well known sticker obsession!

Any UA boys that haven't done the xchange with yet?

I know Kung Fu!

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found all kinds of goodies.

I decided to go the route of putting the magnets on the cards themselves because I wanted the ability to either double up the magnets for the most use on the fridge, and cost.

Gave out 3 today. Ran out of business cards about a month ago... didn't want to spend the money as those print shops throw deals to get the most money out of you... which makes the best sense.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Have yet to see anyone not happy to recieve a magnet.
I give them out, but when someone asks for a card I gladly give it, then give them the magnet and watch them light up.

·
Master Plumber
301 Posts
I use Vista Print. I got 1000 cards for around 60 bucks I believe. They are front and back, and look pretty good. I get compliments on them all the time.

they sell magnets as well.

It's about time to order some more cards, I am planning on getting some magnets as well the next time I order.

·
Master Plumber
301 Posts
Cheapest advertising I've found next to word of mouth.
I'm on my fourth card design. It's always cool to see somebody whip out one of my first or second cards, and show it to me. :)

In the last 3 years I've handed out about 8,000 cards. I leave them everywhere, and with everyone.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Vista print did mine also, got 5k biz cards 2k magnets and 4k flyers last year, I'm happy with the quality and how easy it was to design them, I'm about half done with them.
I whore out cards like there going outta style, every customer new or old gets at least 3-4 cards and a magnet when I hand them there bill, some ask for more, some say "i don't put magnets on anything" it's terrible when your running low on cards and start picking and choosing who gets the last few

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,622 Posts
do the stickers....

I have said this before....magnets suck...stickers rule

the house is the customer, the house is there forever
and the people come and go.... die, divorce, move on up , down, or out of towm...

I hand out my pernament stickers and I usually hit the heater, sofetner, furnace and disposal if I can....

they only cost me 3.5 cents each.... and they dont come off and get stuck in the back of my competitions trucks:laughing::laughing:

I have gone through probalby 250,000 of them since 1975....

they really are the investment and gift that keeps on giving..:yes:

on occasion we run into the vey original stickers that went into tract
homes we were doing back in 1968... that brings back memories..

1 - 20 of 48 Posts