pressure switch high limit

any ideas? Thank You.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Plumbing since 1974
Plumbing and light HVAC
134 Posts
Call tech desk.
If properly installed, they should set you up with factoryauthorized and paid field service.
I have run into this before and when we end up running for parts and doing the work, there is no (or very poor) reimbursement.
Except Navien pays maximum two hours @$75./per (for the first year), which is better than a poke in the eye. But I would be losing money to send anyone but me!
That is the same rate that they pay plumbers who sign up to be NSS listed.

·
Registered
429 Posts
IIRC, the pressure switch and high limit (I think it’s for the blower) are wired in series. So, if the blower is running, you need to figure out which one is open and then figure out why. If the blower is not running when it should be then you need to start there.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I increased vent size to 3”, I was 6’ over max developed length for 2” and it coded like an AOSmithole! I think its because i had to use a 90/45 offset right out of the gate. Anyway, all seems good.

Until they text me at 8 pm tonight.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I increased vent size to 3”, I was 6’ over max developed length for 2” and it coded like an AOSmithole! I think its because i had to use a 90/45 offset right out of the gate. Anyway, all seems good.

Until they text me at 8 pm tonight.

6' over developed length. Did you account for the restriction in the fittings? I think a 90 counts for something like 5' and 45 maybe 3'. So if you forgot that then in reality you would be something like 6'+5'+3' over the max developed lenght. So a total of 14' too long and not just 6'.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
accounting for fittings and its

i believe
7 ft for elbows/short sweep
5 ft for long sweep

·
Super Moderator
12,486 Posts
im surprised they would even allow 2inch venting just that a dead mouse would block the whole pipe or ant debris for that amount...

I thought the same thing when I read it. But maybe its a power vent model{looking at the model number} and I didn't want to look stupid.....which is easy to do.....LOL

And as we all know, if an engineer designed it, then it has to be perfect for its application......:vs_laugh:

·
Registered
10,149 Posts
I thought the same thing when I read it. But maybe its a power vent model{looking at the model number} and I didn't want to look stupid.....which is easy to do.....LOL

And as we all know, if an engineer designed it, then it has to be perfect for its application......:vs_laugh:

LMAO..I just thought of the visual of a dead mouse being shot out the flue pipe right into the neighbors open window....or hitting someone walking by...:vs_laugh:

·
Registered
10,149 Posts
I guess thats why they have max length, I wouldnt expect it to act up over 6 or 7 foot . Thanks for the heads up glad you got it all fixed up!

before they put computers in all this stuff you could get away with being " around" the correct length..now they are too sensitive and must conform to sizing, also if you dont have enough fresh air for combustion units will shut down on safety till they get enough....

·
Super Moderator
12,486 Posts
lesson learned. Install 3” and install it once. Yup power vent.

That's called working the bugs out.....LOL....except it's on your dime, which isn't fun.

That's engineers. They learn by trial and error, no different than the rest of us.

Just like some tankless have specs that say it can be installed on a 1/2" gas line. But, and it's a big but, it has to be upstream of all the other appliances. And there may be some other stipulations in order to get it to fire up and work properly on a 1/2" gas line, when we all know that it really needs a 3/4" gas line.

LP can work on a smaller gas line, but natural gas is different.

·
Registered
526 Posts
That's called working the bugs out.....LOL....except it's on your dime, which isn't fun.

That's engineers. They learn by trial and error, no different than the rest of us.

Just like some tankless have specs that say it can be installed on a 1/2" gas line. But, and it's a big but, it has to be upstream of all the other appliances. And there may be some other stipulations in order to get it to fire up and work properly on a 1/2" gas line, when we all know that it really needs a 3/4" gas line.

LP can work on a smaller gas line, but natural gas is different.

Cant size a gas system by the of the inlet of the heater. pretty easy to size gas. the vent shouldnt be that hard to follow either but honestly never ran anything but type B. Some of us dont really have any one to help us with gas sizing I had some help years ago but also found it very easy to do. much easier than water systems.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts