Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I’ve been having some issues with my brunham v-14 boiler. It does my baseboard heat and my hot water. So I bought the house on January 4th and the heat has been running fine no problem. Now I know the fire chamber was starting to go so I know that needs repair. But a couple weeks ago it shut off and wasn’t getting fuel. I have an overhead fuel line and I had to prime it every few days. Been doing that fit a couple weeks now. So I eventually found out about a tiger loop deairator. I installed one of those on Tuesday and it’s been running fine no problems. Up until tonight (Saturday) all of a sudden the boiler won’t stay running. If I press the reset button it kicks on and runs for about 10 seconds and shuts down. What could be causing it to shut down? Could it be that the fire chamber needs to be repaired? Not sure if that would cause it to shut down or not. If anyone has any help please let me know. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Hire a licensed plumber. As a DIY you are not allowed to create an account.
You do realize how silly that sounds since he did make an account right?

·
Super Moderator
8,839 Posts
Amazing how people are so unaware of their surroundings. Online and in real life. Most grocery/box stores have regular size carts an smaller ones. The cart corrals are labeled in large letters saying which one goes on which side. Either people are illiterate or have no situational awareness. Either way, PZ seems to be one of those shopping cart corrals. People who can’t read or are unaware of their surroundings.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Amazing how people are so unaware of their surroundings. Online and in real life. Most grocery/box stores have regular size carts an smaller ones. The cart corrals are labeled in large letters saying which one goes on which side. Either people are illiterate or have no situational awareness. Either way, PZ seems to be one of those shopping cart corrals. People who can’t read or are unaware of their surroundings.
You're giving people too much credit and implying they would follow the rules if they knew them. No, they won't, people are lazy azzholes who couldn't give a schit.

People are not simply unaware, they are stupid. And by stupid I mean they CHOOSE to remain ignorant. In most situations as soon as an issue arises that requires real work most people will throw up their hands and proclaim "I see nothing, I know nothing!! Better call Jim because he's the only one who knows how to work that thing, no way we could figure it out!".

I encounter this all the time with "Helpless husbands". I show up and the wife's got her toolbox out having already tried to fix it because the husband feigns ignorance. Gosh forbid he tries to fix it himself.

If I wasn't a handy guy my wife would be fixing everything. As it is I don't do finish work. I leave the drywall and painting to her, I can't stand that schit and she always wants the rooms different colors.

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
[QU
OTE="skoronesa, post: 1265542, member: 42394"]
You're giving people too much credit and implying they would follow the rules if they knew them. No, they won't, people are lazy azzholes who couldn't give a schit.

People are not simply unaware, they are stupid. And by stupid I mean they CHOOSE to remain ignorant.

[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. I often say to my GF think of what you just said for 30 seconds and you'll get your answer. Looks like for a lot of people they can't even engage the thinking process. Too difficult, computer failure TILT!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts