Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a grohe 3 body spray. I put the outlets at 28", 44", and 60" off of the unfinished floor of course. My boss gave me **** and said he wants them "one at crotch level, one at chest height and one in between. The sprays are adjustable up to 25 degrees I think. I kind of went by the delta website specs.

·
Registered
397 Posts
BC73RS said:
I see what you did there but why didn't you ask first? It's a very personal install. I don't see his point of view as of yet but the last one I installed the customer gave me their dimensions as I gave them the choice of hieghts. It was a "win win" install.
Same here, everyone I have set the height has come from the home owner, most times they will hold their hand and I will measure. I don't think I have ever done 2 different jobs the same way. Last week the male homeowner want 2, 8" apart at 42" from finished floor for his lower back

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I just did a grohe 3 body spray. I put the outlets at 28", 44", and 60" off of the unfinished floor of course. My boss gave me **** and said he wants them "one at crotch level, one at chest height and one in between. The sprays are adjustable up to 25 degrees I think. I kind of went by the delta website specs.
Like the others said, ask the customer. I am willing to bet that your boss' crotch and chest is at a different height than a 5' tall woman. HO might not even want one for the crotch.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very good point. Thanks for the advice! I'll make sure to check with the home owner on the next one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hondaguy said:
I usually ask the homeowner. Because everyone has a different opinion

·
Registered
83 Posts
Best to get customers preference, plus you'd be surprised the responses you get when you ask homeowner if you can see her in the shower to measure her up...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts