Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time again however I want real stickers that don't fade in outdoor enviornments. Kinda like a license plate sticker without the reflection in it. Anyone have a good vendor for this where I can upload my own artwork that does a good job in the printing? I ahve done the Vista print but that is subpar IMO. i don't really care about cost...I just want it looking good for a long time. Thx

·
Banned
913 Posts
We've used NEBS and the quality is consistent. I've looked on the internet, but everytime back away for fear of substandard quality.

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did a live chat with them and the guy wasn't very helpful. I simply wanted to upload my own artwork and apparently I have to go through their custom dept. I have heard nothing but good things about them I just have not used them. I heard about them a few years ago...just forgot. Does anyone know what the biz card that is glossy but the writing/printing is raised called? I thought it was simply called "raised lettering" but on their site...it mentiones nothing of the sort.
Thx

·
Registered
200 Posts
Don't you have a local print shop that can custom make what you are wanting? I live in a small city (18,000) and we have a great little print shop. I think for stickers and magnets they sub it out but the place is local and i can stop in (2 or 3 times if necc.)and help with design. I like that better than talking on phone or faxing or email.

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Don't you have a local print shop that can custom make what you are wanting? I live in a small city (18,000) and we have a great little print shop. I think for stickers and magnets they sub it out but the place is local and i can stop in (2 or 3 times if necc.)and help with design. I like that better than talking on phone or faxing or email.
Ya know, you are right.

Buying locally is one of the best p.r. stunts we can do. Park your rolling billboard in front of the printer, t-shirt place, wherever. The geeks behind the counter may not use plumbers, but they may know someone who does.

The local traffic sees your truck in front of a shop and it registers with them.

I do buy from the internet, but in these "hard-times-that-may not-be-so-hard", why not support your local businesses? We sure expect them to support us.

Reactions: ASUPERTECH

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aside from the Kinkos or Staples or office depots..etc...there isn't really anyone that does what I want. Sure there are print houses, but most of them are geared for large scale printing. My desires are for pretty small numbers (1000) and I want it exactly the way I want it. Also, I really don't have the time or desire to drive around during the day when I need to be out working to get this handled. If I spend in total 5 hrs from initial meeting to final payment...that's $425 dollars of my time plus the cost of the products. So when I am done working and things are calm...and I don't have a million things going on in my mind like I do everyday, I can better focus my efforts online. I can Learn about a company's products and see the quality (claimed) and go from there. Hence the point of this post. I wanted to know what others have used who have had good results. Not many places make outdoor stickers on the fly, at least none that I know of. They all send out for them.....I support my local business as much as I can. I also like buying products made in this country. Just yesterday I had to get my kid sliding pants for softball. I had the Easton brand off the rack and in my cart. I looked at the material / washing instructions / size / lable.......made in China. Price was $19.99
I'm all set with everything and I see some other brand name I have never heard about. I give it a quick glance...pads on the sides and butt are not as thick but I decide to read the lable anyways....I looked at the material / washing instructions / size / lable.......made in USA. Price was $29.99

Put the Easton back on the rack and thought to myself...let's keep inhouse.
If I knew a place that did the exact job I wanted done I would have gone there, but I don't so I'll go online. Still keeping it inhouse and who knows maybe THAT local city needs the business more than mine.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I understand the "lost" time shopping for sticker, but you also want a high quality product...hard to see or feel on internet. Also don't forget that that guy at local print shop may be next customer...you can recover all or some of that "lost" time.

·
WILLPLUMB4$
584 Posts
My want to check with the guy who you got your truck graphics from. He already has your art work. Bumber stickers usually last along time inside/ out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts