Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think most would agree that word of mouth is your best advertising. If you could only choose one form of advertising, where would you put your money?

·
I'm right your wrong
3,801 Posts
Dumping yellowpages and using that money toward SEO. I'll do an experiment for a year and see what happens.

·
I Married Up
16,841 Posts
I think most would agree that word of mouth is your best advertising. If you could only choose one form of advertising, where would you put your money?
It is not likely any of the answers to your question will be relevant.

There is no silver bullet to marketing plumbing services. It depends on many factors such as your market, target demographic, and budgeted sales volume (and countless others).

Without you providing a lot more data about your company, it's kind of like asking how long is a line.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know so far the local paper is all but worthless for me. I am a dealer for a tankless water heater manufacturer and have gotten several good jobs with that. I have recently gotten my first phone book ad. The YB's and YP's seem awfully expensive. I am working on my Internet exposure as I feel that is a huge part of the puzzle. The term SEO is a relatively new term to me...

·
I Married Up
16,841 Posts
Search Engine Optimization

SEO refers to the methodology behind website development that differentiates one website from another when people search for a service on Google, Bing, Yahoo, or other web search services.

Search engines have programs called "web crawlers" that comb through the internet looking for info on websites. Based largely on what they see when "crawling", they will return certain websites higher in the search results as opposed to others.

Applying SEO properly to your website (performed by whoever you hire to build your website) allows your website to stand out from the crowd so to speak. When the web crawler looks through the websites, many sites that are awesome to look at will be standing at attention and politely waiting to be reviewed. A site that had SEO when being developed will be jumping up and down waving its arms yelling "LOOK AT ME!".

·
Super Moderator
12,501 Posts
Plbgbiz
Thanks. I will look into this a little more. No doubt people use search engines for everything.

True, many, many people use the internet for shopping, searching for a plumber, etc.

I have had people call me out of the blue for service and when I asked them how they got my number they answered the internet. Then I remembered I had placed a small ad a while back. Even after the ad had expired, people would call.

·
I'm right your wrong
3,801 Posts
True, many, many people use the internet for shopping, searching for a plumber, etc.

I have had people call me out of the blue for service and when I asked them how they got my number they answered the internet. Then I remembered I had placed a small ad a while back. Even after the ad had expired, people would call.
That is kind of my thoughts about dumping YP, I have been in the book for two years. So all the people who keep the old books still got the number. I have found that most poeple in commercial settings use the internet to find a plumber, and lots of mobile phone searchers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Indie said:
What area of your business do you want to grow?
I think for now I want more service work. I am staying away from new construction. Repairs and water heater change outs is what I seem to do more of. I have many years experience but my business is only a few months old. Trying to get my name out there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts