1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Nice.

·
Banned
383 Posts
what is the load rating on the stand and what brand is it, ive been looking into them and havent found any i like and i need one for a project coming up. if it is cheaper than me welding one ill take it.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what is the load rating on the stand and what brand is it, ive been looking into them and havent found any i like and i need one for a project coming up. if it is cheaper than me welding one ill take it.

That stand is made by Holdrite, it is rated up to a 50 gallon, which is on there now. This one was $48.00

When I do 75's, I have to order a different heavy duty one, it cost $100.00 give or take. Comes in a brown box, if your interested, PM me and i will give you the name, it is in the garage.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Nice work Robert ! Got to be NICE having them in a garage . We only se a very few in garages due to weather (cold) .

Must be sweet rolling them in and out ,,,, I'm Jealous

Cal

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are those flex copper feed lines?

DUDE, I am going to call you the "Flex kid" haha . :)

HAHAHA......that water heater is going to move a bit when the big one hits, even with those straps lag bolted into the concrete, I want my tank type heaters to be able to move a little. I will have enough other things to do when the big one hits. This way nothing will get ripped out of the wall.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks great robert, haven't done a heater on a stand in a long time.

Those stands you buy from Barnett's.....they are not code. At least they wasn't years ago.

Barnett's was good about it; they reimbursed me and I kept the stand!

I get that one from Fergusons, and they are stamped with all the approvals needed to be approved. I also lag bolt the stand to the wall.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nice. can you put an adjustable 90 right on the down draft diverter like that? i thought you needed 6" of vertical before changing directions.

paul

I have never been called on, and it is not a complete 90 degree, with a 90, yeah, I would be called, but this is still going to flue properly.

Remember, I am limited to what I put back, this is a changeout.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No thermal expansion tank?

I do not a have a closed system, no regulators or check valves, an expansion tank is not required here unless you have a PRV or check, or a closed system in some way.

·
Registered
112 Posts
nice. can you put an adjustable 90 right on the down draft diverter like that? i thought you needed 6" of vertical before changing directions.

paul

Here in AK, it is considered verticle if it is less that 45 degrees. If we can not get a 12 inch rise before a turn, we have to increase the flue one size up.

Nice job on the install. Thats exactly how it would look when i do them except the t/p has to be piped within 6 to 24" of the floor. Yours goes to a drain I suppose...

Is it B vent penetrating the ceiling?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts