Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
The thread got deleted. I suspect it was because of the possibility someone might think it was racist. (Even though it was made clear the thread had nothing to do with race.)

But I think it's fair to the forum to know the truth about a certain poster. Please let's not turn this into a bash fest so that the mods don't have an excuse to delete it.

But the fact remains, we were lied to. We can't just erase the evidence and pretend it doesn't exist. Not when trust is an important part of our relationships here. When people come here and flat out lie, that hurts this forum. I think the exposure of those lies should be public.

So in the interest of exposing the truth, from the members own "mouth", I present:

You say this thread served its purpose. Will you please explain? Does this mean you achieved your goal in establishing facts? Did you really think I was that dumb?

I have no beef with anyone in any forum, but I think many people in forums open themselves up to how members act and treat each other. Even though I may appear to have a very large head, I actually try to downplay the knowledge I have.

We have members who are here just to chat, just to bash, and maybe a few are here to learn new business ideas. Every forum has a small group of people who want to control the forum and inhibit sharing and learning.

During the past six months I have come up with some terrific advertising campaigns that are amazingly hot. I have included a link to my manual. In this manual I explain every important detail about how I run my business. This includes exactly how we advertise, close sales, do record keeping, track service calls, do our accounting for taxes, manage our customer database, and I included copies of all our advertising, and copies all our software you can download and run without having to purchase MS Access.

I am currently working on a door-to-door campaign that looks very promising. During the past 6 weeks I hired two plumbers and two sales persons for this campaign. I believe we will generate another $million in sales this year from this campaign and it is going to be very simple to implement.

I used the name Baton Rouge because I did have a contractor come from Baton Rouge and spend a week at my shop. Last year, I pull a few plumbers out of debt and did not charge one penny. For doing this I get to learn a lot more about myself and better ways to run my own business.

I won't apologize for using the name Baton Rouge because I don't think it hurt nor offended anyone. We are all grownups and you already know my past. "You can't judge a book by the cover."

You can ignore this post and the enclosed link, bash it, remove this post, and ban Baton Rouge from the forum, if you like. I am giving this manual to the plumbers who want to improve their businesses.

For bashers, consider this is a gift for those who want to learn, and as you bash this post and the information in this manual, you are also insulting and inhibiting the growth of other members who want to learn.

Jack

·
Registered
56 Posts
I sent you a private message!

The thread got deleted. I suspect it was because of the possibility someone might think it was racist. (Even though it was made clear the thread had nothing to do with race.)

But I think it's fair to the forum to know the truth about a certain poster. Please let's not turn this into a bash fest so that the mods don't have an excuse to delete it.

But the fact remains, we were lied to. We can't just erase the evidence and pretend it doesn't exist. Not when trust is an important part of our relationships here. When people come here and flat out lie, that hurts this forum. I think the exposure of those lies should be public.

So in the interest of exposing the truth, from the members own "mouth", I present:
I have removed the link to the software and manual until the post you wrote at Contractor Talk is removed. This is the type of behavior that inhibits the passage of knowledge and the reason I use different names. I spent about 500 hours putting this information together, it contains over 200 pages when including documentation inside the software, and about 8 software programs. You should not be making the decision to distribute this valuable information on behalf of other members. There is no excuse for this type of behavior.

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
I wouldn't be too tough on Leonard as he is a smart guy and he has helped a lot of people. A lot of the young guys here could learn a lot from Leonard's marketing skills without adopting everything he does. I just believe we all benefit from full-disclosure when someone is interacting with us on a forum like this. At the same time it reminds us not everyone is who they claim to be.

We are always in a better position when we know what value to put on a members comments. However, I don't believe Leonard's business should be hurt over this. Regardless of what has happened here, he does have 45-years invested in his business. His family and employees rely on the income derived from his business. I say we call this thing finished and consider this a lesson learned.

Mark

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
Lots of BS going on behind scenes too.

Attempts at manipulation by guilt tripping, threats to turn me in to Nathan, using Nathan's name to try to intimidate me, etc.

I am not saying who is doing this, but it's BS and it's related to this issue.

I don't like people lying to me, to my friends, trying to intimidate me, or trying to manipulate me. When people come into a community I am part of and do all that I will speak up. If nathan wishes to throw me off, he can do so. It's his forum.

But before he does, I have one question. Why does this kind of crap happen at every forum a certain person enters? Hmmm...

Leonard, I am glad you have had much success. And I am grateful you seem to care about helping other plumbers. Good for you. Just cut out the BS and the lies OK? Do that and we can all get along. Deal?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ah, don't try to manipulate me like this OK? I don't play that game.

I see... Is anyone else confused yet?

Sorry man, I don't have anything against you personally. If you are truly helping other plumbers the way you say you are then good for you!
Would I hurt your feelings if I send you $1,000 and use an aka.

This is going to be my last post and response regarding this issue. I left this forum a few weeks ago and was not coming back. Then, I got two apologies and two requests to share information. I don't see anything wrong with wanting to remain anonymous and people remain anonymous for many reasons. I see nothing wrong with offering the information under an aka. For many members friendship is the reason they are here. My only reason is to distribute free information and software to help other plumbers. If I wanted to get credit for this information I would have used my real name. Again, I see nothing wrong with giving something away that is valuable and using an aka. Would I hurt your feelings if I sent you a thousand dollars and use an aka?

Unfortunately, the reason I used an aka is due posts from members similar to those being posted by 22rifle. During the past hour, 22rifle wrote a post in Contractor Talk regarding my aka Baton Rouge, even after I posted a copy of the manual, software, and requested a stop to the bashing. Therefore, I requested that the post be removed immediately and I removed the link for the free manual and software and gave him a friendly warning and ample time to remove the post.

Perhaps I am not the most diplomatic, nor the brightest, and not the friendliest, but I've never gone out of my way to belittle someone. The actions of members don't justify the means. I will not respond nor reply to these issues again.

Again, I see nothing wrong with an anonymous name and will not subject myself to this type of bashing. The moderators have permission to close my account and/or remove all my posts.

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't be too tough on Leonard as he is a smart guy and he has helped a lot of people. A lot of the young guys here could learn a lot from Leonard's marketing skills without adopting everything he does. I just believe we all benefit from full-disclosure when someone is interacting with us on a forum like this. At the same time it reminds us not everyone is who they claim to be.

We are always in a better position when we know what value to put on a members comments. However, I don't believe Leonard's business should be hurt over this. Regardless of what has happened here, he does have 45-years invested in his business. His family and employees rely on the income derived from his business. I say we call this thing finished and consider this a lesson learned.

Mark
If he values his business perhaps he should not do things on the internet that have negative consequences for his business. No one forces him to post fraudulent posts on the internet, threaten people, and blatantly try to manipulate people on the internet.

You are a good man Mark. And I am sure in same ways Leonard is too. But this won't go away until he can be honest and until he stops threatening people and trying to manipulate them.

All Leonard would have to do is say "Hey guys, I screwed up. I was lying to you and I did threaten people and tried to manipulate them."

Boom. It would be over.

Anyways, I am going to report this thread and ask that it be locked. But I really hope it is not deleted because we all deserve to know what is going on. Too much crap down the pipes for too many people to just pretend this didn't happen.

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is going to be my last post and response regarding this issue. I believe a person should be able to remain anonymous if he wants and that was what I was trying to do. I wanted to remain anonymous and give you a copy of the manual and software for free because I know it can help a lot of contractors. What is so unusual in this world about being anonymous. I can give you hundreds of reasons and examples.

I was fairly upset with this forum a few weeks ago and was not going to come back. Then, I got a few apologies regarding statements and i had two requests to come back. Staying or leaving won't affect myself either way because I am not asking you for a thing, but I would really like you to have the information in the manual and the free software.

I requested in my admittance that the bashing stops. Unfortunately, someone went directly to Contractor Talk and wrote a post regarding this issue. This is a counter-productive action for this entire forum. I have removed the link and will not reply nor respond to this issue unless the post at Contractor Talk is removed immediately.

I leave my membership in this forum up to 22rifle.
Don't do this man. Don't try to guilt trip me like that. It's doesn't go down well my friend.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The thread got deleted. I suspect it was because of the possibility someone might think it was racist.
The last thread was removed for a few reasons. First, the member who started the threads suggested it be removed in one of his posts. He said.

I have asked the Moderators to delete this Thread. My intentions were not for a pile-on but to let those who have been telling me all along BRP was Leonard (Jack), they were right and I was wrong. I'm sorry to have wasted the Forum's Bandwidth with this.
There were also a lot of references to his IP address and we don't allow users to view that information on this site so I'm not sure how that was obtained and if it was accurate.

Last, I believe issues with specific people should be handled via Private Message and not by publicly calling them out. Public posts about people that are negative tend to create fights and I think there are better uses of our time.

Bottom line, if you see someone breaking our Posting Rules then please report the post and let us know. If you have some other concern with a member contact them and try to work it out. If it can't be worked out and it is a serious problem feel free to PM me and I'll try to look into it.

Hopefully that makes sense. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
I responded to a post of his last night when he said he was 18 and talked about his boss etc. etc.,, I now feel like I Need a shower. The guy is not to be trusted period. It's one thing to use another id on a message board but to LIE and PRETEND you're somone else is WRONG. The word will spread about this clown. He did this to himself.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
I have complained about the negativity here many times,

and for all of you that are breaking this dudes balls, WHO CARES who he is.

He contributes and that's all that should matter, my god , your all like a bunch of OLD MEN, with their panties in a bunch, chill out man, its just a forum in cyber space ,

and then some of you have the balls to break my balls because I started a small forum,

I will tell ya what I would ban all you babies that cryed like this,

GROW UP!!!!!!!

See, I wasn't even here for a week or two and people still had to insult each other......

Yea, ............more negativity I see........great job folks:rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
I have complained about the negativity here many times,

and for all of you that are breaking this dudes balls, WHO CARES who he is.

He contributes and that's all that should matter, my god , your all like a bunch of OLD MEN, with their panties in a bunch, chill out man, its just a forum in cyber space ,

and then some of you have the balls to break my balls because I started a small forum,

I will tell ya what I would ban all you babies that cryed like this,

GROW UP!!!!!!!

See, I wasn't even here for a week or two and people still had to insult each other......

Yea, ............more negativity I see........great job folks:rolleyes:
The members here express that do not appreciate being lied to and manipulated by someone, and you construe it be their fault?

That is simply brilliant.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
I was just asking why the drama....and agreed with Nathan
I am merely pointing out that for someone that is using this forum to recruit members to his own forum, it wouldn't hurt to have a little respect for their opinions as opposed to insulting them.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
wasn't calling anyone negative,

I just think that NATHAN said it best, It shouldn't have been such a forum distraction and been made into a "school yard" calling out.

That's all I was saying

1 - 20 of 38 Posts