Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I'm in the wrong spot. I'm a HVAC guy trying to fix a plumbing problem for my mom. Bathroom in basement never worked, I could see where the quick crete was poured so I broke up the rock to find 2" pipe used for a bathroom. A toilet, sink, and shower were connected in that order into the drain pipe in floor. I've researched a little but have found nothing on how to do it. (they are all upflow articles) and my pipe is actually in the ground below the sub floor.

Question 1
Can they all be connected using 3" pipe or should the sink and shower connect seperatly? Does everthing need a vent or just the toilet?

Question 2
Do I need any type of grinder pit or pump for the toilet? It is in the ground and I'll give it the proper slope.

Question 3
The drain everything was connected to is 2". I was going to run 3" until the drain and then convert to 2" so I dont have to change out or break more concrete. I was going to put a clean out right by there just in case of another clog. Is that a no no? Or could it work?

I've attatched a little sketch that might be helpful in helping me. Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Thanks for posting on PlumbingZone.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

PlumbingZone.com is designed for professional plumbers to discuss issues and topics related to their profession. Many of our plumbers are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
This is a forum for professional plumbers only if your not a professional plumber then please ask your questions on our sister site at www.diychatroom.com.

Thanks

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Hey joemomma, don't let the monkey and the kitty scare you.

Pretty cool, though, you asking for free stuff other people have to pay thousands for. The day I need air conditioning here in Alaska is the day I give away my trade knowledge for free. On the internet. To someone called Joemommy. :laughing:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts