Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a request from USP45, to change the Professional Plumbers Only Banner to Professional Licensed Plumbers Only or Licensed Plumbers Only.

I do agree to this change, and it might help clear up what members were looking for on here.

·
Super Moderator
6,781 Posts
That and I did not see anywhere in the registration about being licensed. This change too may help avoid future problems.

Anyone else have some suggestions to help us not have a problem again, lets hear them.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'd say you're on the right track.You can't fore-see every obstacle.To be honest, I've never read the terms and conditions until this evening.I'm probably not the only one either,but changing the wording should help.I've never really spoke up on that as I didn't want to step on anyones toes.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
What about a helper or apprentice? They may not be licensed but this site is for them right? My main goal is to make sure anyone who joins is in the plumbing profession and not apart of some other trade or a homeowner.

Also, it really doesn't matter how many things I throw up there... people will always either lie or ignore the warnings so they can post. It's just a part of running a site like this.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
378 Posts
At first I wasn't keen on apprentices but now I think as long as they're licensed apprentices that is fine.Helpers are day labor to me,for the most part,and as such don't qualify,since you asked.More and more plumbers will find this forum and feel it worthwhile to participate,I have no doubts.Like anything good,it just takes a little time and effort.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
What about a helper or apprentice? They may not be licensed but this site is for them right? My main goal is to make sure anyone who joins is in the plumbing profession and not apart of some other trade or a homeowner.

Also, it really doesn't matter how many things I through up there... people will always either lie or ignore the warnings so they can post. It's just a part of running a site like this.

Thoughts?
Most states have an apprentice license, it is how they track an apprentices service time. As far as helpers go, most of them are apprentices, those that aren't probably wouldn't take the time to register here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts