Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just asking what type and brands of W/C rebuilds do you install. Budget = all Korky plastic, Best = all Wolverine Brass brass. You have to enjoy the look of a good rebuild in all brass.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Yes fluidmaster, did you know you when you replace a fluidmaster with a fluidmaster you don't even have to remove the entire assembly to install a new one? Not just talking about replaceing the top but from the float cup and up. A trick of the trade and some plumbers don't even know about it. Fast a simple, 5 sec change out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mansfield used to make a ballcock that actually "snapped" closed when the water reached the desired level. I have always had good results with those. Not sure if they still make them.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I used to use the 400-A like it was goin out of style. Then I would get a call or two regarding water hammer. Explaining to a client that it was going to cost $xxx to remedy the problem from the fill valve that they just paid me to replace was getting a little old. I went to the Korky Quiet Fill at that point and I think they are pretty reliable. They even come with a lock to prevent tampering with the waterline in the tank.I know that fluidmaster has corrected the water hammer issue and the pro series looks promising....might have to try one.

·
WILLPLUMB4$
584 Posts
Just asking what type and brands of W/C rebuilds do you install. Budget = all Korky plastic, Best = all Wolverine Brass brass. You have to enjoy the look of a good rebuild in all brass.
Used to install the WB as best, but got tired of the recalls... Easy sale used to tell the costomer they were paying by the pound:)
Now using Hydro Clean. I like all the features + really fast install. Good to better is just a difference in warrenty/ $ now. All the same parts.

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
I use Wolverines brass fill valve and the Wolverine plastic one. So far so good with these.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Pro 45B for me !!! The brass shank is very important !!

Coast foundry soft blue flappers , Braided SS supply tubes .

cal

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
400A, go through a case every 2 months, 3.

Thought about the brass shank style fluidmaster but then I thought about what is a better mesh; plastic to plastic or plastic to brass? I chose similar material because the margin of error climbs when dissimilar materials are put together.

Plastic will always give in to a stronger material.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
I use the PRO45b brass shank AND brass nut supplies. Brass on brass beats cracking plastic nuts or plastic shanks.:thumbsup:

Agreed,,,,,but where are you finding brass nuts on braided stainless supplies?

I can't find them for 7/8" from fluidmaster....they just don't offer it.:cry:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts