Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions on ease/cost of service on backflow preventers? Looking at 2" reduced pressure zone valves - watts 009 vs apolllo 200series.

Are the single access watts more difficult/expensive to service during testing? Seems like it may be easier to service one check at a time on the appollo valves as needed.

Any reliability issues? Either more resistant to silt?

Thanks
uute

·
8,104 Posts
Any opinions on ease/cost of service on backflow preventers? Looking at 2" reduced pressure zone valves - watts 009 vs apolllo 200series.

Are the single access watts more difficult/expensive to service during testing? Seems like it may be easier to service one check at a time on the appollo valves as needed.

Thanks
uute
Would you post a intro please. Tell us about yourself, work wise.

http://www.plumbingzone.com/f3/

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts

Thanks
uute
Yes / Yes / Not really / Yes / No
You're welcome
Matt

·
Registered
547 Posts
Personally, I like the watts and can get the parts easily and testing is not a problem. As far as the apollo I have not used one yet. Just installed a wilkins last week. I took the wilkins apart and really liked how simple it will be to repair in the future. Just not sure how readily available the parts are.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Personally, I like the watts and can get the parts easily and testing is not a problem. As far as the apollo I have not used one yet. Just installed a wilkins last week. I took the wilkins apart and really liked how simple it will be to repair in the future. Just not sure how readily available the parts are.
Repair parts are easy to get...At least in my area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts